To perform general accounting, financial reporting and payroll administration duties for Evidence Action in Uganda
Duties and responsibilities
- Petty cash management.
- Prepare & compute withholding taxes and other statutory deductions in accordance to the Law.
- Monitoring and following up of the staff account and ensuring prompt returns submitted on time and advance tracking sheet is update.
- Keep records of all financial transactions within the organization in an orderly manner.
- Stamping paid and scanning all payments vouchers and ensuring proper document management in Box.
- Create and follow a filing system that is simple and easy to retrieve files.
- Entering daily transactions to Sage Intacct accounting software weekly.
- Receive and check imp rest requests and returns, ensuring that proper documentation is filed for each transaction, relevant approvals have been obtained, etc
- Prepare check request forms for payments attaching all required supporting documents.
- Disburse cash payments as per the financial policy of Evidence Action.
- Keeping track of staff expense accounts including reconciling the same and sending their statements whenever they request.
- Support the Project staff in processing their payments.
- Ensuring the advance accounts are zeroed out.
- From time to time prepare periodical financial reports as requested by the head office.
- Supporting Projects to keep all the financial records.
- Ensuring completeness, accuracy and timeliness in the processing financial information.
- Other duties as assigned
Key performance Indicators
- Timely verification of invoices and processing of payments.
- Timely Payroll process and salary payments.
- Ensure the finance and accounting policy and all its annexes are adhered to for all purchases at Evidence Action and liaise with (DFAAR) for any revisions and updates needed.
- Ensure all donor regulations are met for all purchases including processing of tax exemption for USAID funded purchases
- Verification of invoices and processing payments
- Managing Inventory and Property registers for the organization as will be delegated by supervising officer
- Ensure a clean and timely audit with no material findings.
- 5 years’ relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or any other related field.
- Professional certification in ACCA or CPA
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Audit management experience in donor funded programs.
Working conditions : Normal
Physical requirements : Normal
Direct reports : Supervising Assistant, Accounts based in the Mbale Office