Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
Please send your filled application formand attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered, and or by post to:
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed to; email@example.com or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Closing date for receipt of the applications is Monday 13th July 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Due to large volumes of applications; only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
|Title||Accounts Clerk (6 positions)
|Reports||To the Finance Officer|
|Location||Headquarters with frequent travel to the field
The Accounts Assistant and/or Clerk will be responsible for the provision of accounting and administrative services. The position holder will make sure that they apply appropriate accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate financial reports are delivered timely.
Key responsibilities: S/he
Processing Payments, Advances, and Accountabilities
- UReview of payments requisitions, especially regarding budget availability, and appropriateness of corresponding support documents.
- Processing/preparing payment vouchers.
- Receive and acknowledge receipt of accountability documents.
- Review and query (if necessary) the accountability documents. The appropriate checklist must guide the review.
- Issue query sheets in case of deficits on the accountability documents.
- Record double entries relating to the accountabilities in the accounting system.
- Post accountabilities after the supervisor’s approval.
- Filing accountabilities and payment vouchers.
- Organise photocopy, sort and dispatch the financial documents to donor HQ.
- Follow up, receive and review accountabilities from the field office before submission to URCS HQ, and share feedback with field officers immediately.
- Proactively follows up on incomplete financial documentation and pending settlement of advances with the respective officers to avoid delays in bookkeeping or uploading project budgets.
- Bank reconciliations reports.
- Support the finance officer in preparing financial reports.
- Assess risks that affect the achievement of the job purpose/objective.
- Manage assessed risks.
- Maintain a risk register.
- Escalate risks to the supervisor.
Carries out other duties as assigned by your immediate supervisor