Duration: 6 Months
Location: Based in RHITES-N Acholi, Kampala Office
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: Senior Administration and Finance Manager
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
Division & Project Overview:
The Quality and Performance Institute (QPI) is a division of URC that has implemented quality improvement and operations research programs in health care since 1981 and continues to be at the cutting edge of health care improvement work in countries around the world.
With the RHITES-N Acholi Project (Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in Northern Uganda – Acholi), USAID will continue its support of the Government of Uganda’s (GOU) efforts to improve access to and use of health services in the country’s post-conflict northern region. RHITES-N Acholi Project activities will build on USAID investments and national advances to increase access to and use of high-quality integrated services that accelerate the ability and capacity to respond to the specific health needs of residents in the Acholi sub-region, leveraging the URC-ASSIST project successes.
The RHITES North, Acholi is recruiting an admin intern to support the operations in her Kampala office.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Tracking & Recording and filling all invoices for Kampala Office.
- Photocopying & scanning approved Activities requests & Trip plans, and maintaining a file
- Handling registration & compiling participants’ details at workshops & meetings in an excel spread sheet and forwarding it to Finance when required
- Providing support to the Procurement process by photocopying & attaching relevant documents to invoices.
- Scan financial vouchers on a regular basis
- In charge of maintaining file register for finance files held in Kampala office
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized University
- Training and experience in Admin & Office Management.
- Computer Literate: Knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
- A person of high integrity.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated by the July 1, 2020- please indicate the position you are applying for.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We value and seek diversity in our workforce.