Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
LOCATION: Fort Portal, Masindi
Summary: This position is responsible for the professional and efficient managing of visitors, telephone calls and messages, as well as a variety of finance and general administration duties that support the finance and administration functions of a Family Planning Activity Cluster Office.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Receive and direct visitors at the reception and ensure they have been given the necessary assistance.
- Manage the Cluster Office switchboard – this includes answering, making telephone calls for staff and taking clear messages
- Ensure that the reception area is well maintained and kept orderly.
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries; keep records of outgoing letters and ensure use of the delivery book and dispatch outgoing pouches to other PI field offices.
- Manage the office stores and ensure all necessary office supplies are available (stationaries, kitchen and cleaning items).
- Manage the meeting room(s) booking log.
- Support all Drivers in transport coordination by placing calls to staff and to drivers and communicating status.
- In close supervision of Office Assistant ensure office cleanliness is maintained.
- Raise all procurement requisitions, provide supportive documentation and forward for approval.
- Follow up with procurement staffs to ensure purchase orders are approved and sent to respective vendors.
- Ensure vendors bring in their invoices in time, supported and send to finance for payment.
- Performing any other duty assigned by supervisor.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Organization, Planning, Coordination and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
- Writing and Editing: Ability to compose and edit correspondence, reports and general documentation.
- Filling and Records Maintenance: Ability to file and maintain records.
- Functional Area Systems Expertise: Advanced knowledge of functional area systems.
- Onboarding: Ability to onboard new hires of business unit and process required paperwork.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook. Advanced knowledge of functional area specific software.
- Project Management Planning and Management: Ability to plan and manage cross-functional initiatives.
- Analysis and Sound Judgement: Foundational analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Languages: Proven ability to write and speak using local language and English language
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff and clients.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services, including program strategies and indicators. Foundational knowledge of assigned business unit’s function and deliverables supporting sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Demonstrated commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. Proven customer service skills.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related matters.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Minimum diploma qualification in front office management or its equivalent; a Degree in Business Management is highly desirable.
- Minimum of five years relevant work experience preferably in switchboard management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to represent Pathfinder to visitors
- Good organizational and planning skills
Pathfinder International is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Pathfinder International does not charge candidates Recruitment or Application fees for any position, to which they may apply globally.