Host Entity- UNHCR
Duty Station- Rwamwanja (UGA)
Language Skills- English
Start Date- Immediate
Duration- until 31 December 2020
Application Deadline- 08 July 2020
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
- Provide empowerment on zero tolerance to sexual and gender-based violence in all forms.
- Ensure that the principles of SGBV are practiced from the colleagues, partners and the community.
- Act as focal person in SGBV, the tenets, pathways are known and manifested in the community thereby having achieve peaceful co-existence amongst refugees, locals and the stakeholders.
- The IUNV maintains the records in utmost confidentiality on SGBV.
- Maintains an updated GBVIMS of Rwamwanja.
- Responsible for the hub of the case management committee in all thematic approach.
- Have the knowledge of the humanitarian laws vis-à-vis the host country in relation to the SGBV parameters.
- Provide reports on time.
- Support the GDT and identifies PoCs that need assistance for referrals.
- Make field visits for routine monitoring of PoCs in need.
- Be part of and get involved in MFTs and provide insights for improvement of the sector being handled.
- Act as a coordinator/focal person and data facilitator for periodic physical verification of all partners performing SGBV and gender-based equality on their accomplishments versus work plan.
- The IUNV will work closely with the field team in linking services needed by PoCs.
- Be a team member on periodic thematic surveys as needed.
Degree in Community services, public administration, business administration, psychology, economics
Experience in community mobilization, sexual and gender based violence, gender equality
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 08 July 2020