With a very high sense of customer centricity, the Branch Manager will be responsible for maintaining the current branch business, develop new branch business and ensure processes and procedures are working with a view to improving the branch’s profitability as well as ensuring the branch is led within sound control and operational environment.
The job requires 70% focus on branch business growth in all KPIs and 30% administrative and controls focus with support from Manager Service and Quality Control (MSQC).
Reporting to the Senior Retail Manager.
- Develop and update strategy for the branch business growth. This involves careful translation of overall bank strategy into the branch tailored strategies based unique features of the branch location.
- Cascade budgets and targets for all staff in the branch and decide on plans and tactics to achieve them.
- Drive branch performance rigor to increase penetration into the target customer segments (SMEs and personal banking).
- Play a lead role in driving growth and usage of all digital channel products and achieve 70% for all branch transactions happening through digital channels.
- Ensure superior service levels across all customers touch points (branches and digital touch points attached to the branch).
- Develop and maintain best in class customer relationship management practices. This involves developing and implementing customer wining and maintenance initiatives.
- Lead the charge for sourcing, processing and on boarding of new business for continuous growth of the branch balance sheet.
- Ensure adherence to KYC, AML, Audit and Legal / Compliance guidelines and continuously conduct self-audit mechanism covering safe custody. Although guidance and training will be provided from time to time, it is the Branch Managers personal responsibility to ensure that he/she reads and understands banks policies, procedures and practices relating to branch business operational environment and the bank in general.
- Maintain a motivating work environment that focuses on performance.
Skills and Requirements
- A university degree in relevant business discipline.
- Strong people management skills and thorough knowledge of banking products and services, including wider understanding of the general consumer banking universe.
- Demonstrable sound knowledge in digital financial services and their relevance to banking.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- At least 4 years’ experience in sales & service management in a consumer banking environment, with a track record of success.
- Leadership capacity, including strong communications, negotiations, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to motivate staff.
- Strong communications, negotiations and interpersonal skills.
If your career ambitions match the requirements of this exciting career opportunity, please visit our website https://ug.kcbgroup.com/about/careers and use the link below to log in to our Recruitment portal to submit your application with a detailed CV. Your cover letter should explain what you believe you can offer KCB Bank Uganda. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.