Department: People & Change Uganda
Job type: Permanent
Closing date: 25-May-20
Reference Number: 130-PEO01128
Our client dfcu Bank Limited would like to recruit a Chief Change and Innovation Officer. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Change & Innovation Officer will lead the transformation agenda of dfcu bank towards a modern digitized bank with leadership in operational excellence and customer service.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Drive the transformation agenda of the bank to reach its strategic aspirations;
• Drive and promote a customer service-oriented culture across all bank operations to pro-actively implement behavioral change initiatives;
• Drive a culture of client focus, with products and operational excellence above market or at least at par with market;
• Create and execute the digital strategy (in line with strategic aspiration becoming a Bank 4.0)
• Create a process optimization program with use of modern techniques such as LEAN (creating more customer value without increasing resources);
• Continuously review processes, driven by Lean and Agile ways of working to ensure that all bank processes are optimized, while initiating changes to enhance innovation and commercial drive;
• Work closely with the CEO and all EXCO members to drive the strategic transition, innovations and changes in all facets of the bank;
• Be the center of expertise for innovation, development and implementation activities in all domains of the bank (client facing, Digital Strategy, Operations, Regulatory Implementations);
• Coordinate and control all projects related to selection, acquisition, development and installation of major information and operations systems for the bank;
• Provide advice on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of information systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems. Evaluate systems to measure their success;
• Lead the project management and implementation of major change initiatives by coordinating the responsible departments to ensure smooth implementation;
• Take responsibility for the innovation/transformation budget (CapEx & OpEx) and IT CapEx budget aspects related to all new IT and product development (“the How”).
• A Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Computing, Commerce, Accounting or Business Statistics or another related field, an MBA would be an added advantage;
• Professional experience in banking i.e. ACIB and Project Management, Prince II would be added advantage;
• At least 15 years’ work experience, five of which should be in a senior Technology or Operations position in a large financial services institution;
• Demonstrated experience in driving innovation and change agendas in Financial Services (able to demonstrate blue-sky thinking);
• Demonstrated ability to link and apply complex technologies to business strategies & a high proficiency in Information and Communication Technology;
• Strong skills in business process analysis as well understanding of banking operations and FinTech trends;
• Strong skills in project management and project execution;
• Familiarity with the financial services industry in East Africa or emerging markets; and
• Strong understanding and experience in mobile banking services.
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their CV and a cover letter highlighting how their experience is relevant to the Duties and Responsibilities described above to email@example.com by not later than Friday 25 May 2020. The CV must include 3 referees including their e-mail address and telephone number.