Duty Station-Kampala (UGA)
Application Deadline-12 January 2021
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Communications Analyst, the Communications volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
· Support in generating content for purposes of updating UNDP social media platforms including face book, Twitter, Youtube, Flickr and medium
· Contributing articles/write-ups on field experiences and submitting them for publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc,
· Taking, editing, captioning and filing compelling photographs at UNDP functions, events and during field visitations
- Prepare success stories, videos, articles, pictures, infographics and graphic designs about UNDP for dissemination and knowledge preservation
· Responsible for managing UNDP brand recognition and identity at all events UNDP is party to including managing visual display of UNDP brand and visibility materials at events
· Support the organisation of events and help raise national awareness on the issues that UNDP advocates for (including exhibitions, dialogues, report launches, competitions, concerts, etc.);
· Undertake daily news monitoring and analysis, focusing on areas of UNDP support and emerging ones.
· Support the procurement functions relating to communications services undertaking tasks such as initiating procurements, developing Terms of Reference (TORs) and specifications, working with service providers on products and services being procured, processing payments and keeping accurate records of procurement services pertaining to communication at all times,
- Participate in project meetings to advise on the progress on the project’s communications and outreach activities, present the list of recommendations for implementation at national level; and provide knowledge management and communications advises for the project’s exit strategy.
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time
- A minimum of two years of experience working in the field of media and communication
- Previous experience in online and social media communication, photography and videography is highly desired;
- Demonstrable experience in writing and editing communication materials.
- Proven capacity to analyze and synthesize information from various sources;
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 12-01-2021