The Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) was established in 1987 as a collaboration between researchers at Makerere, Columbia and John Hopkins Universities, the Division of Intramural Research at the National Institutes of Allergy & Infectious diseases and the International Centre for Excellence Research (ICER). This was as a result of the first identification of clinical AIDS in Rakai district Uganda in 1982 by Drs. Sewankambo and Serwadda. The initiation of the Program, then known as Rakai Project led to a series of clinical studies characterizing the disease and its epidemiology; and also brought the partnership with other colleagues including Professor Maria Wawer and Prof Ronald Gray.
Job title: Community Data Clerks DREAMS and OVC – 144 Positions (Bukomansimbi, Kalungu, Lwengo, Mpigi, Sembabule, Rakai, Kyotera, Gomba )
General Position Summary
The position holder will support National and PEPFAR OVC reporting processes at supported Community Based Organizations (CBOs) or sites on a Monthly, Semiannual and Annual basis.
- Support the collection of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual National/PEPFAR specific data/reports from sub counties of operation and source registers.
- Organize data case files, archive & retrieve data for DREAMS AGYW & OVCs at the safe spaces/ sub county and CBO respectively
- Support data capture, documentation and Update of the Integrated OVCMIS Registers and other data case management tools at the safe spaces/CBO
- Support timely and accurate data entry into the OVCMIS, UDOTS or any designated electronic capture system
- Support data quality assurance activities at the supported sites (both at the safe spaces & CBOs)
- Perform Data validation and cleaning at the supported sites as may be required
- Support back up processes for all the electronic data entered in OVCMIS and UDOTS.
Knowledge and Experience
- A Minimum of Advanced Level Certificate or Any Equivalent
- Data Entry Experience in OVCMIS and OVC Tracker reporting processes is essential
- Ability to work in rural setting sites assigned or support any other at discretion of immediate supervisor.
- Self-motivated and able to work under minimum supervision.
- Pleasant, social, hardworking, flexible, with a spirit of teamwork/building.
How to apply:
Applications: All interested Candidates possessing the above attributes can send their applications including a cover letter, latest Copy of CV (with 3 referees), copies of academic qualifications/certificates ( in one document) addressed to the HR Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. Only online applications will be considered.
Deadline for Submission: Close of business by 5:00pm, Friday, 17th July 2020 Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by Rakai Health Sciences Program. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.