Deadline of this Job: Friday. 03rd. July. 2020.
Duty Station: Kampala – Uganda.
CLOSE DATE: JULY 3rd, 2020.
IFPRI/ HarvestPlus is compiling a database for the various categories of consultants/collaborators who will be called upon from time to time for short term assignments.
Successful candidates should be able to perform the duties listed per category applied for plus other duties.
HarvestPlus is an IFPRI program promoting biofortified crops and works with partners to reach small holder farmers in 25 districts in Uganda. Interested applicants should be willing to travel extensively and interact with farmers and other stakeholders in various districts.
The categories are listed below:
• Enumerators for data collection
• Data analysis
• Facilitators (Include, the various meetings/workshops and trainings handled)
• Field Extension Workers
• Market Extension Workers
• Communication Specialists
• Digital/Mobile App Developers
• Graphic Designer
• Compliance/Audit Officers
• Chef (Product Development/Value addition)
• Drama Consultants .
• These will vary according to the position and will be determined from time to time by the responsible team leaders.
• The selection will be based upon the relevant experience and the required qualifications.
• General experience in Agricultural production, Nutrition and Marketing of crops
• Relevant training and experience in areas specified or field applied for
• Proficiency in at least one or more of the local languages in respective regions of Uganda
• Proficiency in use of computers, tablets or smart phone applications.
• At least two-year’ experience in field applied with relevant products developed where applicable.
• Very good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work with different sectors of the population
• Qualifications will range from a High School certificate to Degree depending on the different positions.
• University Degree in the relevant field is an added advantage
• Additional qualification or relevant training e.g. in writing, drama, videography, IFPRI provides research-based policy solutions to sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition. The Institute conducts research, communicates results optimizes partnerships, and builds capacity to ensure sustainable food production, promote healthy food systems, improve markets and trade, transform agriculture, build resilience, and strengthen institutions and governance. Gender is considered in all the Institute’s work. IFPRI collaborates with partners around the world, including development implementers, public institutions, and the private sector, and farmers’ organizations. IFPRI is a member of the CGIAR Consortium.
Job application procedure:
Please send your cover letter & resume to: IFPRI-KampalaRecruitment@cgiar.org clearly indicating in the subject line the category you’re applying for.