Job Advertisement for Costing Officer (1 Position Only)
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) seeks to hire a suitable candidate for the position of Costing Officer for the 3HP study to be based in Kampala. The Successful candidate will be reporting to the Study Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Conduct data collection, entry and analysis related to the costing activities of the 3HP
Options Trial including:
i. Gathering retrospective/prospective data to quantify resources and unit costs in
the implementation of the study
ii. Conducting observations of activities and time requirements for scheduled study
iii. Interview study participants to gather data on their socio-economic status and
costs of seeking care.
iv. Entering the cost data in Excel data sets, REDCap and performing basic quality
2. Collect data relevant to budgets and activity costs;
i. Working in close consultation with clinic staff and administrators to quantify
resources used to provide 3HP Options Trial services.
ii. Gathering expenditure data from various sources (e.g., administrative records,
study budget and expenditure, etc.);
iii. Identifying other information sources when cost data is not available.
3. Taking lead on responding to study data queries as specified in the monthly quality
assurance (QA) report.
4. Submission of weekly updates and quarterly reviews to your supervisor and the costing
Qualifications and other desirables for the job:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Cost Accounting, Finance, or Economics with a minimum of 2
years’ work experience in a similar field.
2. Applicants must be highly competent in MS Excel (including formatting, formulas, and
auditing) and MS Word.
3. Candidates must be conversant with costing concepts and skilled in program costing
4. Knowledge of and strong interest in TB cost-effectiveness issues
5. The successful candidate will be required to take up the position immediately.
How to apply:
Submit your applications using the link on our website: http://idrc-uganda.org/careers.html
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT COMMENTS:
1. All applications must be delivered on or before 5:00pm, Monday 23rd November 2020
2. Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible
for consideration for the job opening.
3. Only online applications submitted using the above portal will be accepted and please
note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted further