Host Entity- UNICEF
Duty Station- Kampala (UGA)
Language Skills- English
Start Date- 02 January 2021
Duration- 12 months
Application Deadline- 14 December 2020
Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment.
Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Under the direct supervision of the Education Specialist (Quality Education) and with close collaboration of the Quality Education team members of the Kampala and Western Zonal offices, the UN Youth Volunteers will assist in the planning, implementing, monitoring and documentation of the results, lessons learnt and good practices of KUPAA programme in the implementing districts of Iganga, Kamuli, Bugweri in the Eastern region, and, Mubende, Kibaale, Kyegegwa and Kasanda located in the South West region. The UN Youth Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
1. Monitoring and Research:
- Collaborate with the concerned district education offices to train, monitor and support the training of trainees on the use of Kupaa app to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of Kupaa usage at the school level in all the four districts.
- Collect evidence of successful interventions to assist in the advocacy of Kupaa adoption with the government and other private sectors
- Support the use of innovative technology for monitoring and research.
- Assist in monitoring the functionality and usage of Kupaa at the school level in collaboration with District Education Officers to address implementation issues and to document good practices.
- Provide technical hands on support to the users at the district and school level.
2. Communication and Networking
- Support the School level users, to enhance their capacities to daily use the Kupaa app for record the teachers’ attendance and financial management Support schools on developing strategies on getting the parents on using Kupaa’s channel of financial contribution to the schools.
3. Project Support and Coordination:
- Contribute to the UNICEF Education and Adolescent programmes in the Mbarara region by identifying interventions that create opportunities for Kupaa expansion and usage.
- Support advocacy activities designed to influence government and other stakeholders to adopt the usage of Kupaa in their programming.
4. Self- development
- Under the direct coaching of the Supervisor and the support of the Chief of the Education and Adolescent Development Programme, identify areas for personal growth, prepare an action plan to address those area and act on them
- ·Take appropriate online courses, participate in relevant workshops and training within UNICEF Uganda to enhance self- knowledge and competencies.
- Spend at sometime in UNICEF Kampala Office to enhance technical expertise and for better understanding of UNICEF work.
Degree in Education or related field in Information Communication Technology
Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience in ICT or Educational digital learning.
Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded;
Experience or expertise in data analysis and knowledge management will be an asset.
Computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media, and others).
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 14-12-2020