Position: Electrical Engineer
Reports To: Head of Engineering
Duty Station: Kampala
Description of purpose: To maintain company plant machinery and electrical equipment to ensure its availability in line with pre-defined standards.
Key Result Areas:
• Installation, maintenance and repair of plant and machinery in production, Radios and TVs to ensure continued efficient performance;
• Liaise with team members and external providers to carry out maintenance on high voltage switchgear, transformers and load transfer panels to guarantee safe operation.
• Document engineering processes to ensure efficient handling and follow-up of technical problems, transfer of skills and knowledge on maintenance and repair of plant and machinery;
• Document downtime on plant and machinery to ensure correct information is collected for root cause analysis.
• Monitor energy usage on premises to ensure energy saving measures are put in place and adhered to.
• Provide technical support to outdoor broadcast and marketing events.
• Document spares usage to ensure correct information is available for management of spares inventory.
Qualification and Experience:
• Bachelor of Engineering/Technology/Science in Electrical/Electronic engineering.
• Relevant working experience in a factory setting.
• Computer literacy with a good knowledge of basic Microsoft packages.
• Ability to interpret electrical wiring diagrams.
• Ability to troubleshoot faults and carry out root cause analyses.
• Good communication and inter personal skills.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Should be flexible, committed and keen to deliver on key targets.
• Willingness to work long hours.
• Readiness to travel upcountry on short notice.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit applications and CV to the:Chief Human Resources Officer, The New Vision Printing and Publishing Company Ltd. P.O Box 9815, Kampala, Uganda.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS: 31st March, 2020