Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
Finance & Administration Officer
LOCATION: Fort Portal, Masindi
Summary: The Finance and Administration Officer will serve as a primary support for the finance and administrative functions at a Family Planning Activity Cluster Office. He/She will ensure that Cluster Office financial and administrative activities are managed according to Pathfinder and donor regulations and policies.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Responsible for the day-to-day functioning of the cluster office, including ensuring adequate office supplies, equipment, cleaning and other support services.
- As a member of the operations team, ensure that PI financial and operations management policies and procedures and USAID regulations are strictly adhered to.
- Assists with ensuring compliance with USAID and Pathfinder policies. Ensure expenses are in accordance with USAID regulations (expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable), and Pathfinder policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all project-related transactions are conducted, processed and recorded as per Pathfinder Accounting systems.
- Support mobile money payment system. Review Mobile Money request forms against Participant registrations / attendance forms, approved budgets and requests and all related support documents
- Assists in the preparation and monitoring of the budget, financial forecasts and cash flow projections.
- Assists with monitoring all matters that may affect the financial integrity of Pathfinder programs or the organization and assists in investigations in response to allegations of improper conduct.
- Organize logistics for workshops and events and support the program team during such events.
- Ensures timely tracking of all supplies and equipment sent to the Cluster Office. Ensures timely delivery of supplies and equipment to the specified locations and proactively liaises with relevant officers to clarify relevant specifications.
- Purchases goods and services, analyzes purchase requisitions, and creates new and updates existing bid specifications. Prepares and follows up payment requests for goods and services in a timely manner in accordance with existing Pathfinder policies and guidelines. Maintains a database of vendors.
- Collects and organizes information from Cluster districts in preparation for the annual external audit and/or program specific audits.
- Responsible for management of security and related services for the cluster office
- Assist with managing the assets and inventory
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Experience with an accounting system
- Previous experience with online banking platforms is an added advantage.
- Experience working with USAID-funded projects, and with Mobile Money payments modules is a strong advantage;
- Ability to work use various Microsoft office applications.
- High level of integrity
- Excellent writing, management and organizational skills.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook. Advanced knowledge of functional area specific software.
- Project Management Planning and Management: Ability to plan and manage cross-functional initiatives.
- Analysis and Sound Judgement: Foundational analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Languages: Proven ability to write and speak using local language and English language
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff and clients.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services, including program strategies and indicators. Foundational knowledge of assigned business unit’s function and deliverables supporting sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Demonstrated commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. Proven customer service skills.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related matters.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Management, or any other relevant field. With additional minimum Level 2 ACCA or CPA qualification;
- At least three (3) years of experience in financial administration roles.
Pathfinder International is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Pathfinder International does not charge candidates Recruitment or Application fees for any position, to which they may apply globally.