JBN Consults and Planners LTD is a private consulting firm registered in Uganda that provides integrated Environmental, engineering and development consulting services in Africa. This integration of services provides a multi-disciplinary Consultancy geared to meeting the needs of clients across a wide range of sectors.
We are currently looking for an ambitious and energetic Finance and Administration Manager responsible for overseeing the administrative and financial functions towards driving best practices within the company to maximize efficiency and growth.
- Manage the accounting, finance and administration components of the firm including the various petty cash funds.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Chief Operations Officer (COO); administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the company’s financial status.
- Prepare all financial reports efficiently in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and JBN standard operating procedures, policies and accounting principles.
- Develop procedures for monitoring and analyzing project budgets that allow accurate projection of expenditures and comparisons of actual and budgeted spending.
- Coordinate requests for funds, based on budget and cash flow projections, to ensure the firm has all necessary funds for operations.
- Coordinate and oversee program tendering and procurement activities in the company
- Advise company staff on financial health through the provision of regular and timely financial expenditure reports through monthly and annual financial statements.
- Review and approve all vouchers prepared by the accountant (disbursement, receipt and general journal vouchers) for expenditures and ensures that expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable to appropriate projects.
- Oversee payroll procedures for staff, administer payroll, and monitor employee time keeping Liaise with the COO to ensure the different projects’ needs are being met in terms of accounting, contracts, human resources, IT, and operations.
- Maintains an effective financial recording and reporting system, internal control and support the audit process and follow-up.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for the company’s equipment, supplies and services in a transparent and cost-effective manner; and recommend procurement decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Commerce, Business administration or related field
- A post graduate qualification is an added advantage
- ACCA/CPA is an added advantage
Qualifications and skills
- At least 5 years of overall relevant professional experience in administration, finance or office management
- Demonstrated experience in managing and maintaining full financial accountability of a company with experience in bookkeeping, computerized accounting software and financial analysis
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving, conflict, ethical management skills and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience and skills in all aspects of office administration procedures
- Proven ability to plan ahead and manage multiple tasks with a professional and flexible attitude and approach
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills with the ability to communicate and present ideas verbally and in writing, clearly, succinctly, and articulately
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT financial systems;
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Proven success in maintaining professional business relationships with service providers, with evidence of strong ethical negotiation skills
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline for applying is 1st February 2021.
Address your applications to:
Chief Operations Officer
JBN Consults and Planners
Plot 48 Mbogo Road 1 Najjeera,
Kampala – UGANDA
JBN is an equal opportunity employer and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation.