FOKAPAWA is registered by the national NGO Bureau with Registration No.3065. FOKAPAWA primary goal is to contribute to elevating the conditions of women , girls and youths who suffered from injustice. Currently FOKAPAWA is implementing her projects /Programs in Acholi and part of Karamoja sub regions.
Forum For Kalongo Parish Women Association (FOKAPAWA) is a local NGO founded in 1998 with a purpose of contributing to elevating the conditions of women and youths who suffered from the effects of the war in Acholi sub-region and is incorporated as a company limited by Guarantee.
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Officer
Position Type: National Staff, full Time and salaried
Location: Agago District
Reports to: Executive Director
Contract Length: One year with the possibility of renewal
Start Date: 1st December, 2020.
The Finance and Administrative Officer will be an integral part of FOKAPAWA finance function primarily focusing on supporting the month end financial reporting and enforcing of internal controls while executing financial transactions that will be within the FOKAPAWA’s policies S/he should also perform other related tasks as required. .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain and ensure timely recording of accurate accounting data in the Accounting System.
• Update financial spreadsheets with daily transactions
• Prepare all payroll related transactions of the month (payroll for staff and temp staff, file PAYE and NSSF returns plus uploading corresponding payments)
• Reconcile payroll GL accounts to the payroll on monthly basis
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and follow up any reconciling items with the bank
• Review timesheet charges accuracy for all staff appropriately to the projects
• Weekly and monthly review of balance sheet accounts for accuracy, aging and reconciliation. Prepare quarterly/monthly cash requests and monitor liquidity ensuring liquidity is sufficient Vs procurement planner
• In Liaison with the Admin Assistant keep an updated register of all Assets and Inventory including files of asset theft/damage reports, disposals etc
• Provide guidance to program teams on all finance related matters
• Provide regular expenditure and projection analysis
• Manage bank and Mobile money accounts and ensure monthly reconciliation of bank accounts
• Ensure timely payments including reviewing of invoices, preparation of payment vouchers and other accounting documents in compliance with FOKAPAWA Field Accounting Policies.
• Ensure compliance with financial policies (e. per diem policy, etc.) and maintain and update in country financial policies as needed
• Conduct analyses of financial data to inform project management as required
• Facilitate periodic internal and external audit and assist in implementation of recommendations as required
• Managing accounts receivable and accounts payable by timely payment processing invoices and follow up with clients, suppliers and partners as needed
• All payroll transactions are completed within the stipulated time and the payroll reconciled to the general
• ledger on monthly basis
• Statutory returns are made according to the requirements
• Payments through bank and Mobile money are made within the framework of robust internal controls
• Monthly Bank reconciliation reports made
• Monthly balance sheet accounts aging and trend analysis report prepared
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. Membership to professional Accounting bodies such as CPA, ACCA will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a busy accounting department. Experience working with institutional donors in a multi donor funded organization will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge and experience with any accounting software packages.
• Ability to effectively communicate project financial information to a variety of different audiences
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with di verse people, clients and consultants.
• Computer literacy in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Power Point; Outlook
• Willingness and ability to work with all stakeholders.
• Willingness to accept additional responsibilities.
• Willingness to work in between different and competing priorities as required.
• Must be an honest, hard worker with minimum supervision, dedicated and self motivated person with High
• level of excellence, efficiency and effectiveness portrayed in work
• Willingness to work across time zones and under strict deadlines.
How to apply
FOKAPAWA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply by submitting only electronic copies of not more than 2MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers , copies of relevant testimonials/certificates , names contact details of three referees , addressed
The Executive Director , Forum for Kalongo Parish Women Association
Email: email@example.com not later than 23th November, 2020 at 4:30pm
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from FOKAPAWA by 27th of November, 2020.
FOKAPAWA strive towards contributing to elevating the conditions of women, youths and Children who suffered for decades to enjoy their equal rights at all level in Uganda. The organization further has a child protection policy among other policies that every staff is required to sign.
Potential candidates will be required to provide information confirming whether or not they have ever been convicted of any child abuse crimes