Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
Please send your filled application formand attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered, and or by post to:
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed to; email@example.com or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Closing date for receipt of the applications is Monday 13th July 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Due to large volumes of applications; only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
|Title||Finance Assistant (one position)
|Reports||To the Finance Officer|
|Location||Headquarters with frequent travel to the field
The Finance Assistant is responsible for ensuring quality and timely reporting of project funds as well as accountability for the funds disbursed to staff, ensuring compliance with the appropriate principles and procedures.
Key responsibilities: S/he
- Follow up on budget utilisation and prepare monthly budget monitoring reports for review.
- Report on budget analyses, variances, and propose actions to be taken to address them.
Accountancy, Document Management, and Financial Management
- Verify the authenticity of accountability documents
- Process financial transactions in line with URCS policies and donor requirements.
- Ensure proper filing of the finance and project documents.
- Follow-up procurements for the projects promptly.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Monitor working advance balances and ensure all working advances are accounted for as per URCS guidelines,
- Reconcile staff debtor and creditor balances.
- Provide on the job training to new staff as directed by the supervisors.
Financial Risk Management
- Participate in the assessment of financial risks and alert the supervisor about emerging risks.
- Manage assessed risks arising from activities that this role partakes in.