Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
Please send your filled application formand attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered, and or by post to:
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed to; email@example.com or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Closing date for receipt of the applications is Monday 13th July 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Due to large volumes of applications; only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
|Title||Finance Manager (3 Positions)
|Duration||3 years’ renewable
The Finance Manager – will provide transactional, administrative and compliance (statutory, tax) support services. The Manager will also strengthen and improve the finance and accounting function, processes and procedures, internal controls and provision of information for management decision making, and conduct financial risk management.
Key responsibilities: S/he
Reporting and Project Financial Management
- Supervise and review the work of project focal persons.
- Prepare financial statements and management accounts.
Managing Payments, Payroll and Compliancet
- Oversee the proper and prompt preparation of the payroll.
- Promptly submit statutory returns to the URA, NSSF, and Local Government.
- Ensure compliance with financial policies, procedures, grant conditions, and donor’s financial requirements.
- Determine terminal benefits for the exiting staff as per URCS policies.
- Review payments vouchers and confirm that they have the requisite support documents
- Make sure finance personnel file financial documents and records promptly by following URCS’s document management system procedures
- Ensure timely disbursements of funds to field offices and branches.
Management of Accountabilities and Monitoring of Budgets
- Prepare and share working advance report. After that, distribute it to the Director Finance and the budget holders.
- Support the finance team in ensuring that the programme managers/project managers submit accountabilities that are appropriately supported.
- Actively partake in budget planning and provide technical, budgetary advice to departments.
Staff Performance management and development
- Engage finance personnel and consent on their performance agreements (objective setting forms).
- Conduct supervisory reviews to assess staff performance and address performance issues.
- Identify causes of staffs’ performance deficiencies. Put poorly performing personnel on performance improvement plans.
- Prepare and submit an assessment of own performance based on the key performance indicators for the Finance Manager duties. Submit the results to the Director Finance.
- Mentor staff through URCS’s succession planning arrangements, so that these staff can take over this role in the absence or exit of the Finance Manager.
Branch Financial Management Supervision
- Monitor how incomes from IGAs are collected, accounted for, recorded, and accuracy of remittance of such incomes to head-office.
- Make sure that branch offices manage assets appropriately.
Financial Risk Management
- Partake in the implementation of the risk management process for the department.
- Ensure that financial controls are implemented and that they remain relevant – through suggesting modifications to them – so they can continually mitigate financial risks adequately
Carry out other duties as assigned by the supervisor.