Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
Please send your filled application formand attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered, and or by post to:
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed to; email@example.com or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Closing date for receipt of the applications is Monday 13th July 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Due to large volumes of applications; only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
|Title||Finance Manager (3 Positions)
|Reports||To the Finance Manager|
The role of the Finance Officer will be to ensure quality and timely reporting of project funds as well as accountability for the funds disbursed to staff, ensuring compliance with the appropriate principles and procedures. The finance officer will also contribute to the budget control processes, and support the Project Team in the day-to-day financial management of the project. The Finance Officer reports to the Finance Manager and supervises Accounts Assistants and Accounts and Admin Clerks attached to the project areas, if any.
Key responsibilities: S/he
- Project Budget Management
- Upload approved project budgets into the system.
- Check requisitions against budget.
- Issue a report on budget variances to heads of departments.
- Follow up on budget utilization through issuing reminders to heads of departments about under-utilized budgets – every month.
- Apply approved project budget modifications into the accounting system.
- Project Funds Accountability
- Receive and check the authenticity of accountability documents.
- Make entries or create accountability records in the accounting system.
- Run and share a report on accountabilities with heads of departments
- Monitor working advance balances and follow-up to ensure all working advances are accounted for as per URCS guidelines.
- Follow up clearance of queries issued about accountabilities
- Accountancy and Financial Management
- Process financial transactions and validate their conformity to URCS policies and donor requirements.
- Facilitate timely disbursement of project funds to beneficiaries in line with activity plans.
- Ensure proper filing of all accountability and project documents.
- Prepare financial data in support of internal and external audits.
- Support project procurements.
- Reconcile staff debtor and creditor balances.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Prepare a report on tenants, receivables, programme/donor, and budgets.
- Support the finance manager in preparing the payroll.
- Provide on the job training to project staff and branch managers.
- Risk Management
- Participate in the assessment of financial risks and alert the supervisor about emerging risks.
- Manage assessed risks arising from activities that this role partakes in.
- Any other duties as may be delegated by the supervisor