Location: Kampala, Uganda
The job holder is responsible for administering the country office accounting system and ensuring consistent application of accounting principles and standards, observing CBM controls, timelines and compliance with regulatory requirements, tax policies and procedures.
· Participate in preparing and managing the financial risk of the country office
· Prepare timely and accurate Country Office payroll, and ensure tax calculations, social security and other statutory contribution
· Maintain internal accounting system and records, and ensure reliability and integrity of financial management information systems, documentation and reports.
· Monitor and support the petty cash system managed by the Administrative Officer
· Ensure that internal control procedures and donor regulations are adhered to for all cash and bank disbursements, receipts, transfers and include appropriate backup of supporting documentation.
· Process all payments (cash and bank) ensuring that proper support document is included, and it is properly approved internally before payment.
· To ensure the safe keeping of all critical financial tools such as cheque books (in all currencies), receipt books and payment vouchers.
· Ensure proper cash flow management to run the office, in liaison with the Finance Manager.
· Maintain petty cash boxes while observing approved standard procedures
· Grant and receive advances to staff, and ensure reimbursement and trip reports received from staff at surrender are well prepared and supported before clearing them off.
· Reconcile all ledgers, to ensure that all transactions are accurately recorded and reported.
· Monitor costs versus budget, bank balances, cash balances and asset purchases, with a view to advice on any arising financial issues with potential budget holder.
· As a member of the procurement committees, ensure that any purchase, lease or sale of assets is done in accordance with procurement guidelines and receives the required approvals.
· Control and maintain a CBM country asset register and inventory, in line with CBM or donor requirements, as applicable. Plan and execute the asset verification on a quarterly basis and update the register. Report on any variances.
· Organize and manage the annual audit of Country Office accounts and prepare, manage and implement follow-up plans based on given recommendations, in close collaboration with the Finance Manager.
· Submit timely and complete reports (including PPR, BVA) to the Finance Manager as per agreed timetable and in line with established reporting requirements.
· In charge of proper preparation, circulation, filing and archiving of all accounting, financial and contractual documents in conformity with CBM procedures and standards.
· Observe compliance with in-country financial regulatory requirements including statutory accounts, audit, tax filing, social security contributions, etc. and work on other compliance matters with the relevant functions, including CBM in-country registration and annual reporting to relevant authorities.
· Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Finance Manager and Country Director
Education, Knowledge, and Professional Experience
· Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration and Management
· Professional qualifications in accounting an advantage (CPA, ACCA, CIMA)
· Certified member of the local board of accountancy
· A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in similar field, particularly with international NGOs or international development organization
· Perform all tasks in a confidential manner
· Ability to develop and maintain accounting systems which handle large amounts of information
· Ability to prioritize work, and meet deadlines
· Effective communication skills
· An effective team player who is also able to work independently
· Ability to integrate into a multi-cultural environment
· Reflects CBM values in daily work
· Ability and willingness to learn, and to pass on information / train as required
· Willingness to commit and adhere to CBM’s values and Child Safeguarding Policy.
How to apply
Candidates with the required profile and proven experience, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via e-mail, a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references and salary expectations to Info.Uganda@cbm.org.
Application deadline: 5pm, 10 April 2020
**CBM encourages Ugandan nationals and persons with disabilities who meet the qualifications to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please visit our Resources & Publications section at http://www.cbm.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. **