ABOUT CARE INTERNATIONAL
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We are
known everywhere for our unshakeable commitment to the dignity of people. CARE works
around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice. We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live with dignity and security. We put women and girls in the centre because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. CARE has been working in Uganda for 50 years and in 2019/2020, we improved the lives of 2.6 million people (60% women). Our goal for the next five years is to reach ten million people, through our gender transformative, resilience building, and lifesaving programs
CARE International in Uganda seeks to recruit a Ugandan professional who is passionate about gender transformation, building resilience and empowering women and girls to join this noble fight against poverty and injustice by filling up the following position:
1. Grants Coordinator, 1 Position, Location: Kampala.
The Grants Coordinator will ensure the programme’s appropriate grant management, both the donor contract management and compliance (ensuring donor rules are applied and respected, donor reports are prepared and submitted timely and with the needed accuracy, other donor requirements are met, etc) and the sub grants management and oversight, as per CARE relevant policies. The staff will work with respective CARE units both in CARE Uganda, Regional Management Unit (RMU) as well as CARE USA headquarters and other CARE International Member Partners (CMPs). The job holder will support assigned initiatives to run an efficient budget management and guide the programme staff and finance on donor requirements/guidelines and rules of managing donor Grants.
PERSON SPECIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
1. A bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or BCOM and/ or Professional Accounting qualification like CPA, CIMA, and ACCA Level
2. Minimum of three (3) years of experience from financial management of development projects or at a middle or senior management level in accounting, auditing and grant management. Experiences with working in a partnership approach and supporting civil society.
3. Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
4. Computer skills (email, word processing, spreadsheets, financial management systems).
5. Highly motivated to maintain a regular dialogue with CARE’s partner organizations.
6. Skills in team work, facilitation and training. Knowledge of INGO operations and subgrantee management is an added advantage.
7. Sensitive and committed to Gender Equity and Diversity.
Interested and suitable candidates should submit their applications and CVs including the names, daytime telephone contacts and email addresses of three work related referees to
email@example.com by 3rd July 2020. Please indicate job title in your email subject line.
CARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES and GENDER SENSITIVE EMPLOYER WITH ZERO TOLORANCE TO CORRUPTION, SEXUAL EXPLOITATION AND ABUSE.
Please Note that CARE does not ask any applicant payment for any recruitment process.
For any questions please call our office on 0312258100/150
Download full job details >> https://careuganda.org/uploads/Grants%20Coordinator.pdf