The Uganda National Oil Company Limited (UNOC) was established under section 42 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act and Section 7 of the Petroleum (Refining, Conversion, Transmission and Midstream Storage) Act, both of 2013, and incorporated under the Companies Act 2012, in June 2015. It is a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of Uganda.
The Company’s key mandate is to handle the State’s commercial interests in the oil and gas industry and ensure that the resource is exploited in a sustainable manner.
UNOC invites qualified, experienced, and competent people to submit applications regarding the following vacant position.
JOB TITLE: HEAD OF INTERNAL AUDIT
REPORTS TO: BOARD OF DIRECTORS
REPORTS OPERATIONALLY TO: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
JOB PURPOSE: The Head of Internal Audit is responsible for the preparation and implementation of a risk-based audit plan and to provide reasonable assurance to Senior Management and the Board of Directors on the adequacy of key internal systems and controls of the company.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop the annual risk based-audit plan and ensure both an efficient and effective execution of the audit plan, consistent with company objectives.
2. Develop the Internal Audit Manual and the Internal Audit Charter for the company and subsequent adherence of audit staff to the charter.
3. Coordinate period risk-based internal audits and ensure that key lessons and areas of improvement are shared with the respective departments and ensure that audit actions are closed.
4. Prepare periodic reports to the Audit &Risk Committee on progress of the annual audit plan and share key findings and areas of improvement with the CEO and Management.
5. Lead and/or support the Investigation process for all cases of misdemeanours, misconduct, and gross misconduct cases by staff and provide a comprehensive report to inform the disciplinary management proceedings and management decision.
6. Consistently assess the adequacy of key internal systems and controls of the company and ensure that the integrity of financial systems is maintained.
7. Coordinate internal compliance review and monitoring activities, including periodic reviews of departments.
8. Develop and execute the Audit department workplan and budgets and provide periodic progress on the same.
9. Ensure that internal audit team’s independent and objective assurance and consulting functions add value to the company’s operations.
10. Keep Audit and Risk Committee and Management, abreast of material changes to Accounting and Audit Standards under consideration relevant standards bodies.
11. Define competency and talent management requirements for Internal Audit.
12. Identify capacity building needs and propose capacity development programs for the staff in the department.
13. Coordinate external audits.
14. Supervise, appraise and guide staff in the Audit Unit.
15. Any other duty assigned by the Audit &Risk Committee of the Board and CEO.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A Masters degree in either Finance or Business Administration majoring in Accounting or other relevant master’s degree.
• A Bachelor’s degree (Hons) in either Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Actuarial Science or other relevant degree.
• Must be a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU) OR Association of Chattered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
• Must be a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
• Must have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience and 5 of which must be at a senior level.
• Should have effective communication skills.
• Should be a person of high integrity.
• Should have good analytical and critical thinking skills.
Electronically completed and signed Applications Forms together with certified copies of academic certificates should be addressed and submitted to the address below by 17:00 hours (5:00pm EAT) not later than Monday 10th August 2020.
Applications must include a cover letter, application form and supporting documents.
While we thank you for your interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Job Application Form can be downloaded from Careers on www.unoc.co.ug
Applications should be submitted online to: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE BOARD CHAIRMAN
UGANDA NATIONAL OIL COMPANY
PLOT 15, YUSUF LULE ROAD