Chemonics International Inc., a leading international development consulting firm that has been implementing USAID programs in Uganda for more than 20 years, seeks experienced Technical Specialists for the anticipated five-year, $25-49.99 million USAID-funded PMI Uganda Malaria Control Activity. This program will support the people of Uganda to strengthen the capacity for malaria prevention and treatment, as well as ownership of health at the community and household levels, while maintaining gains made at the health facility level in focus districts. This activity will also seek to improve private sector engagement and surveillance and strengthen the existing linkages between community health services/community-level leadership and facilities/District Health Teams to increase the ability to prevent, detect, and treat malaria in households. Experience in Uganda is strongly preferred and English fluency is required for all positions. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people globally.
We are seeking technical specialists in the following areas:
- Malaria prevention, care, and treatment
- Community-level malaria vector control activities and interventions
- Malaria surveillance, monitoring, evaluation, and strategic information
- Social behavior change communication
- Capacity building of local partners and counterparts
- Private sector engagement
- Gender equality and social inclusion
- Refugee health and conflict-affected populations
- Master’s degree in public health or related field
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in area of specified technical expertise; more experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Strong writing, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with USAID and/or other donors preferred
- Experience and understanding working with governments and government systems, the private sector, and international donors
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience working with program teams in challenging settings
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
How to apply
Please complete your application at this link. The deadline for applications is 30th June, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data.