Inputs are required to finalise an Inland Water Transport Masterplan for Uganda for Lake Victoria.
The Maritime Expert is expected to provide inputs of approximately 30 days intermittently between July to December 2020. Now expected to be desk based with potential field travel.
- Quality Assuring the overall product and ensuring the Masterplan is tailored to the Lake Victoria/Uganda context drawing on experience from elsewhere in Africa or other relevant contexts;
- Provide advice in terms of which policies and regulations including those that cover safety, environmental, social issues should be adopted;
- Advise on any gaps that may exist in Uganda’s Inland Water Transport Policy and regulatory framework;
- Contribute to technical inputs to develop the private sector’s requirements to anchor private sector interest in masterplan projects;
- Examine and assess from a maritime systems performance perspective the robustness of the identified works and rolling stock recommendations relating to the masterplan.
- Gather and review data on marine water transport planning and draw appropriate conclusions in relation to requirements and gaps.
- Assess any required maritime requirements and recommend the appropriate integration of these into the Infrastructure requirements of Inland Water Transport;
- Any other duties relevant to this job description as may be considered required by the expert or the Infrastructure Lead