Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth? Working with WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime:
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do:
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and highly qualified People, Culture & Admin Manager to ensure WWF Uganda applies the highest standards in the area of People, Culture & Administration (PCAM) management, fosters a culture based on network citizenship and the WWF ways of working and values in order to support the achievement of the conservation goals and objectives as laid in the Strategic Plan, in compliance with WWF guidelines, policies and procedures and Uganda legal standards.
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Main responsibilities :
• Implement the People and culture component of the WWF Uganda Strategic Plan;
• Support management and is the focal person to attract, recruit, develop and retain the right talent for delivering the strategy, and build program and leadership capacity;
• Implement effective people, organizational and management structures, policies and processes in alignment with WWF guidelines, policies and procedures and Uganda legal standards;
• Lead advisor to the Country Director and his/her team in matters concerning people related risk management.
• Supervise and ensure full functionality of the Administration, IT/Logistics components for the country office;
• Provides People & Culture management support to regional/transboundary embedded programmes (Energy, Greater Virunga Landscape).
What you need:
• Masters’ degree in Human Resources Management, Organisational Psychology with bachelor’s degree in related field such as and not limited to; Business Administration, Law, Organisational Development, Economics.
• At least 7 years of professional experience in HR in Uganda (min 3 years in a managerial position);
• Membership of a relevant professional body would be a strong asset;
• Proven track record in Human Resources administration and management;
• Knowledge of the institutional, legal and policy framework of employment and HR management in Uganda;
• Experience working with an International NGO is an added advantage;
• Experience in supervision of Administration components is required.
Required Skills and Competencies
• Proven skills people management;
• Proven skills in change management;
• Integrity, customer orientation;
• Strategic business partnerships;
• Demonstrated experience in applying HR management protocols;
• Excellent inter-personal skills, and a good understanding of human relationships;
• Good guidance, counselling, conflict management, and negotiation skills, at all levels;
• Good abilities to work in a team;
• Experience of working in a matrix organization;
• Good knowledge of Ms Office suite;
• Excellent oral and written communications skills;
• Adherence to WWF’s values: Respect, Courage, Integrity and Collaboration
• Demonstration of WWF ways of working (Behaviours): Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly and Innovate Fearlessly.
Please consult the job description for more information on the office website: https://www.wwfuganda.org
How to apply?
Email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
The subject should read PC&Admin Manager Jan 2021. Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted. If you have not been contacted six (6) weeks after closing, consider your application unsuccessful.
Deadline for applications: 25th January 2021.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.
Female applications are encouraged.