Grant Thornton is a network of independent assurance, tax and advisory firms, we are made up of 53,000 people in over 145 countries. Grant Thornton in Uganda is a leading provider of audit, tax, advisory and business process solutions services. With a team of over 120 people, we apply strong technical guidance and breadth of experience to ensure that clients receive a truly different experience. We are looking for dynamic, enthusiastic and highly competent People & Culture Associates.
Position: People & Culture Associates — 2 positions available
Report to: People & Culture Manager
In this position, you will provide support to the P&C department by coordinating P&C functions such as recruitment, selection, induction and orientation, employee relations, performance management, supporting compliance drives, as well as completing HR administrative duties such as employee documentation, keeping and updating staff files, conduct background checks, tracking employee attendance, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Timely coordination of recruitment and selection processes to ensure quality staffing in all departments.
- coordinate induction and orientation programs to ensure they are comprehensive to cover all important aspects of the firm and the role expectations.
- Support the effective implementation of the performance management system.
- Coordinate the implementation of training and development programs.
- Coordinate the dissemination and training on People & Culture policies and monitor compliance.
- Monitor time management and attendance and provide weekly reports.
- Maintain updated staff information in the PMS system to support data-driven decisions.
- Manage the staff exit processes.
- Planning for firm events such as team building, GT forum.
- Coordinating P&C projects e.g. employee engagement surveys, end of year social events, etc.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelors’ degree in Human Resource Management or its equivalent.
- One year of experience in a similar role in a fast-growing dynamic organization.
- Effective HR administration and people management skills
- Ability to maintain employee discretion and keeping people & culture information very confidential.
- Basic knowledge of local labor law and its practical application in the workplace.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships and networks quickly at every level within the entities
- Computer skills and proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, any HMS.
How to Apply:
Closing date for applications not later than 10th April 2020 at 5:30pm EAT. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.