Requisition ID: req9401
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kiryandongo, Uganda
This Pharmacy Technician will provide medication and other health care products to facilities. S/he will perform routine tasks to help prepare prescribed medication for patients; and supports pharmacological services by stocking, assembling and distributing medications. The position is based in Kiryandongo.
The Pharmacy Technician will supervise and provide oversight over the dispensers and continuously provide them capacity building in Health Commodity Management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating project activities that involve the management and storage of commodities including pharmaceutical supplies and medical equipment.
- Ensuring the availability of cost-effective, safe, efficacious and rational use of pharmaceutical products through the use of different tools e.g SPARS.
- Strengthening the process of Logistics management of supplies in alignment with MOH guidelines.
- Ensure tracking and accountability for all medical and pharmaceutical products as well as related supplies used by the health facilities.
- Support forecasting and quantification of supplies obtained from the warehouse.
- Support good storage and distribution practices at both warehouse and facilities.
- Prepare monthly reports for both the donors and internally as IRC.
- Use and regular updating of the available Pharma inventory systems like Rx solution.
- Diploma in Pharmacy from recognized institution.
- Active Registration with the Allied Medical Practitioners Council with proof of practicing license.
- At least 2 years of experience in an NGO setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication or interpersonal skills is a must.
- Proficiency in Computer Microsoft office applications: Word, Excel and Power point.
- Excellent communication skills and analytical skills.
- High level of integrity.
- This position is open only to Ugandan nationals.
- Deadline for receiving applications is July 1st 2020.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.