The Government of Uganda through the Ministry of Works and Transport is planning to construct a modern high capacity Port at Bukasa on the shores of Lake Victoria. The Port will be linked by trio-modal transport modes (water, rail and road) and it will form part of the Central Corridor i.e Bukasa-Mwanza-Musoma-Tanga-Dar-es-salaam and link Kisumu via Lake Victoria and Mombasa. Developing Bukasa Port will help address the Country’s rapidly growing traffic demands using the Central Corridor on Lake Victoria to Kenya and Tanzania and will also reduce the cost of doing business for traders.
Therefore, the Ministry of Works and Transport invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the post of Project Assistant under Bukasa Port Project.
Job Title: Project Assistant
Reports to: Project Coordinator
No. of Vacancies: Six (6)
Employment Type: Contract
Contract duration: One-year renewable subject to satisfactory performance .
• Sensitization of Project Affected Persons (PAPs) on Health Hygiene, HIV/AIDS and importance of the Port in Uganda;
• Data Entry and storage of records of PAPs and Follow up;
• Marking houses that have been already paid for;
• Prepare Site monthly meetings to discuss the status of completed dredging works and construction of the Port in line with the planned works and prepare Minutes of the Meetings;
• Sensitization of Project Affected Persons (PAPs) on the period then they should vacate the area payment and after effects of refusal to vacate;
• Sensitization of Project Affected Persons (PAPs) on the time of commencement of dredging;
• Collect Data of number of PAPs that have remained in the area even after payment;
• Collect and store Data of inflow and outflow traffic cargo at the Port;
• Carry out on-Job training and any other administrative tasks required from time to time.
Applicants should be Ugandans by nationality with;
• At least Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Social Works and Social administration, Business Administration, Business Statistics, Engineering or a related discipline from a recognized University;
• Must have knowledge in computer applications.
Conditions of applications
All applications should be accompanied by a i) detailed curriculum vitae dearly stating the years of experience and current salary level; (ii) copies of academic certificates or testimonials; (iii) telephone contacts and email; (iv) a national I.D and addressed to;
Ministry of Works and Transport
Plot 57-59 Jinja
P.O BOX 7174, Kampala-Uganda
All application forms should either be hand delivered to the Security Registry, Ministry of Works and Transport Headquarters or sent on email to email@example.com not later than 19 July 2020.
No application shall be received after the closing date.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.