Job title; Project Liaison Assistant (6 positions)
Reporting to; Project Officer
Location; Nebbi, Arua, Kitgum, Kotido and Lira Districts
Integrated Employment Services project is being implemented by Village Synergy a charity organization registered and operating in Uganda since 2015 in partnership with Lim Welo Investment Limited a profit making organization registered and operating in Uganda since 2014. The project intends to increase access to employment for the vulnerable population in the five districts; the project period is 2 years with possibility of extension upon review .
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Liaison Assistant will oversee and support on aspects of the Integrated Employment Services (IES) project of the Regional Office to ensure that project services are utilized and accomplished in an effective, efficient and timely manner and incompliance with all legislative, policy and procedural guidelines of IES project, as applicable.
• Support technical, administrative and financial implementation of the project activities
• Liaise with clients, government ministries and other local partners
• Coordinate and support meetings, events, and workshops and development of awareness materials and activities.
• Raise awareness of project objectives and outputs
• Conduct visits to project sites
• Liaise with technical experts and to collect information to contribute to the production of knowledge products.
• Address obstacles that may affect project implementation
• Assist in the preparation of work-plans and internal IES project reports
• Assist in financial reporting of the project
• Minimum of a Diploma in a relevant field. A Bachelor’s Degree or A post-graduate diploma in the related field is an advantage.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in community engagement and representation
• An ability to communicate to a wide range of audiences and cultures
• Fluent English (verbal/written) with excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong numerical skills that can be or have been applied to financial management
• Proficient in using office applications (MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint) and other web-based management systems
• Willingness to maintain a balance between the operational demands and the strategic aspects of the post
• Only people permanently residing in the said districts are encouraged to apply
Job application procedure
For qualified applicants may submit in their application, curriculum vitae and copies of their experience and academic documents as a single document and or file to email firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver your application to; Plot 1B, Adyel Kasubi, Lira-Gulu Road, Near Adyel Primary sign post, submit in your application, not later than 4:30 PM of July 10th, 2020 to Human resources Officer, P.O Box 507 Lira