Proposal Development Coordinator – Kampala
Save the Children International is currently recruiting for the, Proposal Development Coordinator at our Country Office in Kampala. The Proposal Development Coordinator will support the Programme Development and Resourcing Manager (PDRM) to lead the development of programmes and proposals in the Uganda Country Office. Supervised by the PDRM the role will be responsible for ensuring coherence between project documents, including log frames, narrative proposals and budgets and for providing direct writing support during proposal development processes. This includes coordination among partners in consortia arrangements.
This role will work closely with the colleagues across the country office, particularly with the PDQ technical team, including MEAL, Advocacy and Communications, Finance and Awards. The post covers both development and refugee response programming. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
The PD Coordinator must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to represent SC Uganda with other INGO partners, donors and member offices from within Save the Children Federation.
To be successful for this role, you will have/bring the following:
- University degree in Politics, Social Science, Education, International Development, or other relevant subject
- Experience of leading the preparation of successful funding (narrative and budget) proposals
- Experience of budget management and development
- Previous experience of project management and project cycle management, including project design, implementation and evaluation
- Highly developed interpersonal and English communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities. Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must
- Ability to proactively identify issues and problem solving skills to address these
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards 3 breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. Please apply online by following this link https://uganda.savethechildren.net/careers indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been your direct supervisors.
Important to note: Testimonials/certificates SHOULD NOT be attached to application that is submitted online. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted and are therefore not considered during the shortlisting process. Application closes on March 27, 2020 at midnight Uganda time. We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.