Requisition ID: req8758
Job Title: Receptionist Volunteer
Sector: Administrative/General Office
Employment Category: Volunteer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reporting to the HR & Admin Manager, the Receptionist Volunteer is responsible for providing support for day-to-day administrative requirements, functions and general office management of the IRC Kampala office.
Duties and Responsibilities
Front Office Management
- Ensure that reception services are provided in such a fashion that visitors are provided with a warm welcome and that their needs are swiftly attended to
- Ensure that all incoming communications (telephone calls, letters, email etc.) are responded to professionally and reliably passed on to the appropriate person(s)
- Ensure that the mails are collected from the post office on a regular interval and ensure timely distribution of mail/messages
- Ensure all newspapers are received and tracked for effective accountability.
- Ensuring that the office environment is clean, well-organized and attractive and that break tea is provided to a high standard of quality and hygiene
- Ensure that Office equipment is switched off accordingly and the premises securely closed.
Utility Management (Electricity, Water, Garbage, Phone, Security, Internet etc)
- Maintain Petty cash register and ensure petty cash reconciliation.
- Ensure that all office utility bills, subscriptions and office rent are paid on time in liaison with the HR/Admin. Assistant
- Ensure that all subscriptions (email, internet) and other service contracts (photocopier and other machinery servicing contracts) are renewed in a timely manner in liaison with the Senior IT officer
- Under the supervision of the HR/Administration Manager, compile and submit MTN- CUG telephone numbers by the 20th of every monthly
- Prepare monthly utility reports and submit timely to the HR & Admin. Manager or designate
Events Management (Conference / Meetings) and Travels (in-Country) Management
- In liaison with the focal person on the personnel committee, coordinate monthly staff meetings and ensure efficient distribution of minutes, workshops, seminars and conferences for the country office
- Coordinate and arrange staff parties.
- Secretarial task- Ensure OADM forms/Templates are replenished and updated.
- H/She must also read and become knowledgeable of the IRC Admin and HR Policies and Procedures.
- Diploma/Higher education in Secretarial Studies, Business administration or any other related course.
- At least 2 years of experience in similar position.
- Proven skills in administration and Secretarial services.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills
- Good administrative skills
- Strong written and oral English communications skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must be able to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Strong skills in collaboration with multi-cultural and diverse teams (cultural sensitivity).
- This position is open only to Ugandan nationals.
- Deadline for receiving applications is 10th April 2020.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.