Cordaid is a Dutch, international non-governmental organization which combines 100 years of experience and expertise in emergency aid and structural poverty eradication. Cordaid believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. We strive for a just and sustainable society where every person counts. We stand for knowledge and talent sharing between North and South, between farmers and businesses, between activists and policymakers. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion tear up societies, we connect people and communities. We also stand for professionalism, expertise and solidarity across borders, to make a difference where it is most needed. Cordaid is improving the subsidiarity in the different country offices and therefor Cordaid is looking for additional technical capacity. Cordaid would like to recruit a Regional Grants Acquisition Manager as detailed below:
Position Title: Regional Grants Acquisition Manager
Duty station: Kampala, Uganda (with responsibility for Uganda, South Sudan, Ethiopia)
Reporting Line: The Regional Grant acquisition Manager reports to the Country Director based in Uganda and has a shared responsibility and accountability towards the Country Directors of Ethiopia and South Sudan.
Purpose of the position The Regional Grant Acquisition Manager will support Country Offices (Uganda, South Sudan and Ethiopia) to strategically position themselves in their respective country, creating effective partnerships, analyzing and defining added value/ and transforming opportunities in concrete project proposals linking Cordaid thematic strategies and approaches to institutional donor requirements. Identifying trends and developments and the process of developing and writing high-quality project proposals and publishing materials, highlighting Cordaid’s achievements with Global Office and thematic staff based in the Country Office.
Key Result Area Responsibilities and Accountability
Business Development & Grant Acquisition **
- Identify funding opportunities and oversee development of effective grant project designs and proposals for submission to donors.
- Serve as proposal coordinator for high value proposals to ensure development of high-quality concept papers and proposals.
- Coordinate and lead the process of proposal development, bid management and writing high-quality project proposals and this include conducting research for anticipated opportunities, developing draft proposal sections, developing track record references to ensure high-quality proposals that meet the requirements of the donors.
- Monitor the competitive landscape, assess and test new approaches, conduct regular in-country donor strategy analysis and risk assessments, and update the Countrys’ funding strategy.
- Lead on development and implementation of a Donor Relationship Management Plan (DRMP) for each donor ensure to outline the required action points and timeline to achieve donor-specific goals. Identify and express Cordaid value proposition(s) for each donor.
- Build active relationships with potential donors, allies/partners. Ensure donor intelligence and community priorities/needs, create opportunities and position Cordaid for funding opportunities.
- Engage donors at strategic level on funding opportunities. Create and maintain a link and a strong bond between the donors and Cordaid and ensure the participation of technical and program teams in donor engagement fora (s).
- Ensure donor reporting, compliance standards and requirements are communicated to relevant thematic leads promptly. Attend to queries and address them timely.
- In liaison with the Country Director(s), facilitate the development of country specific Strategic Plans and Annual Reports to be shared with potential donors and government agencies.
Grant Administration Support
- Build organizational understanding of new donors and contribute information for prioritization of emerging donors through research and external relationships.
- Ensure the oversight and management of the organizational pipeline opportunity system and account related database for each country office. Conceptualise with the team and design proposal for new project activities, amendments and extensions to current projects.
- Manage the entire process of the proposal development lifecycle. Identify proposal teams, outline roles and responsibilities of each team member and ensure that a complete, high-quality proposal is submitted on time.
- Ensure the pre-positioning of new opportunities, manage live proposal, coordinate and submit responses to questions, coordinate after-action internal reviews and gather feedback from donors on submitted proposals and action on the reviews and feedbacks respective, thereafter, support the handover to program managers.
- Negotiate and coordinate teaming agreements, memorandum of understanding and other relevant institutional agreements with partners. Attend to other duties as directed and instructed by the line manager
- Master’s Degree in International Development, Business Development or related Social Science.
- Good understanding of donor compliance and reporting mechanisms (in particular DFID, EU, World Bank and USAID) is an advantage.
- 5 -7 years of experience in international development and demonstrate a level of responsibility and accountability.
- Proven experience in organization strategic positioning, fundraising and acquisition of awards
- Successful track record of program development; proven and sustained success in raising restricted funds donors.
- Experience in coordinating and writing high value proposals to prioritized donors, editing office communication products and other professional materials.
- Experience in managing, negotiating and resolving highly complex tasks, awards and award-related issues in an effective manner.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain professional donor and stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to meet competing priorities, demanding deadlines and work under pressure.
- Has strong writing, networking, marketing, facilitation, presentation, negotiation, conflict resolution and coordination skills.
- Has strong planning and time management skills, multi-task & adapt to frequent changing priorities.
- Has strong analytical skills and in depth understanding of strategies (ability to link donor priorities and Cordaid strategy)
- Flexibility to travel (travelling at least 70% of time)
How to apply
Interested and qualifying applicants can submit their application letter including CV in English. Provide both phone and email contact details of at least 3 professional references, including most recent/current employer/supervisor to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mention the vacancy reference number and position in the subject line of your email.
e.g. CRHR01/06/20 Regional Grants Acquisition Manager
Deadline for submission is by the 03 July 2020
Cordaid is an equal opportunities employer and women are strongly encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
An integrity check will be part of the recruitment procedure