Salary: Competitive salary
Deadline: 29/01/2021 23:59
Benefits: National benefits
Job Type: Fixed Term
Malaria Consortium is recruiting for a Research Coordinator to join our team in Moroto.
The purpose of the role is to lead the implementation of research activities on Malaria Consortium’s SMC research project in Uganda. The Research Coordinator will provide technical assistance and coordinate research in the three project districts on behalf of Malaria Consortium, working closely with partners and conforming to Uganda’s health standards and norms.
The successful candidate will have:
- MSc in Public Health, Global Health, Sociology, Anthropology, or a related social science discipline, or another post-graduate qualification with a substantial qualitative research component
- Substantial experience in social science research design, management and implementation
- Demonstrable experience designing topic guides and carrying out qualitative interviews and/or focus group discussions
- Demonstrable experience in transcribing and analysing qualitative data
- Experience of building positive working relationships between NGOs and MoH
- Experience working in public health in developing countries within government, an international organisation or research institution
- Proficient in the development of data entry programmes and in using statistical analysis software (EpiInfo, EpiData, Excel, Access, Stata)
- Experienced in applying qualitative methods of data collection and analysis
- Familiar with Uganda’s routine HMIS
To view the full job description please click here.
Due to the nature of this role we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role might be filled and closed before the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.
We need to keep beneficiaries safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to safeguarding. Please find our Code of Conduct, Safeguarding Policy and Privacy Notice here.