International Lifeline Fund (Lifeline) is seeking a Senior M&E Officer to support data-driven humanitarian and social enterprise activities under its WASH and Environment programs.
Under the overall guidance of the Senior Program Manager-WASH and Senior Program Manager-Environment, the Senior M&E Officer will be responsible for leading the monitoring and evaluation of high quality WASH and humanitarian energy projects, and support the data management of the EverFlow Africa water point maintenance and repair social enterprise, as needed. The Senior M&E Officer will keep the team up to date in terms of data capturing tools, data security, and the EverFlow business system. This position will work in close collaboration with the WASH department, Environment department, EverFlow team, and program management at both the Uganda country and global office levels.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in development of project log frame matrices, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurements.
- Lead the WASH and Environment teams’ utility and maintenance of the mWater database (and Solstice database, if needed) to accurately capture and analyze project and program data. Periodically review and revise the systems so that they are adapted appropriately to the requirements of the projects and programs.
- Lead a team of enumerators to collect data on a regular basis to measure achievements against performance indicators.
- Ensure relevant and timely M&E data is provided in user-friendly formats to key stakeholders.
- Analyze M&E data for both learning and reporting purposes and provide Lifeline staff and its partners with evidence-based feedback (strengths and gaps) on a regular basis. Produce monthly and quarterly reports and prepare presentations based on M&E data, as required.
- Suggest improvements to the current M&E frameworks, as needed, to align program goals with performance indicators. For example, upgrading needs assessment surveys, baseline surveys, project progress reports, impact assessments, and final evaluations.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative and quantitative outputs of the project and improve project performance using M&E findings.
- Assist Program managers to prepare project workplans & consolidate organizational wide annual workplans.
- Provide Lifeline team in-house trainings on adopted M&E methodologies and relevant techniques.
- Work closely with the WASH, Environment, and EverFlow teams to achieve any other program objectives, as needed.
Experience and characteristics
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, or related field (or equivalent work experience) required. Minimum of three years of professional working experience with a reputable organization, and a post-graduate degree in M&E from a recognized university, is preferred.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills, able to present analysis in written and graphic format.
- Demonstrable experience in project planning and performance measurement including KPI selection, target setting, and developing an M&E plan.
- Knowledge of various evaluation, data collection and analysis methodologies, and how to strategically apply these methodologies given their relative strengths and drawbacks.
- Strong working knowledge of the mWater and/or Solstice platforms and at least one statistical software program (e.g., SPSS, STATA, SAS) is preferred.
- Operate as an ethical, responsible, hard-working, and self-driven professional in a team setting.
- This position is based in Apac District, Uganda, and requires frequent visits to rural communities.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your cover letter, resume and academic credentials to our office by e-mail to HR@lifelinefund.org and Babra@lifelinefund.org. Deadline for submission is July 31, 2020 by end of business day. Only successful candidates shall be contacted.