BRAC is a global leader in creating large-scale opportunities for the poor. Founded in Bangladesh in 1972, it is now one of the world’s largest development organizations, touching the lives of an estimated 138 million people in 11 countries across Asia and Africa. For more information please visit BRAC’s website, www.brac.net . Starting from a modest launch in 2006, Uganda is the site of BRAC’s largest and fastest scale-up in Africa. BRAC in Uganda, is comprised of three legal entitles i.e. BRAC Uganda NGO; BRAC Uganda Bank Limited (BUBL) & BRAC Social Business Enterprise Uganda Limited (BSBE).
About BRAC Uganda NGO:
BRAC Uganda NGO operates in: 1) Agriculture, Food Security y & Livelihood; 2) Health Program; 3) Ultra Poor Graduation /Disability inclusion; 4) Education & youth Empowerment – (inclusive of scholarship programs; 5) Emergence Preparedness Response; and 6) Gender Equality and women development. We are operating in
114 districts in Uganda. BRAC Uganda country office is located at Plot 880, Heritage Road Nsambya
Job Title: Service Staff – 06 positions
Department: Administration, BRAC Uganda NGO
Location: Soroti, Arua, Mubende, Masaka, Mukono.
Core Roles and Responsibilities
• Provide and maintain security of office premises.
• Cleaning and maintenance of office premises.
• Provide courier & office delivery services i.e. to and fro Country Office to the Regional offices.
• Receive and attend to all visitors.
• Apprehending suspected characters and questioning them for proper identification and if satisfied, informing and taking permission from the authority for entry.
• Checking all premises each time to ensure they are safe, secure & the gates are locked at all times.
• Cultivate and uphold harmonious working environment with other staff at the work station.
• Be available at your station 24 hours a day, unless when officially released or given other assignments.
• Follow the safe guarding reporting procedure in c a s e any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do so.
The successful candidate should have;
• A minimum of a Uganda Certificate of Education (‘O’ Level).
• At least 1 years’ experience in delivery, cleaning & security roles of an office setting. Working with a cleaning/Security company is added advantage
• Candidate should be willing to reside at the office premises.
• Should be hardworking and read y to work for longer hours.
• Ability to think quickly, innovate and solve problem s.
• Excellent communication skills in English
• Good record keeping skills.
• Flexible to work anywhere in the country.
Persons with disabilities and women are encouraged to apply
The application letter should be addressed to Head Human Resources. Curriculum Vitae and all academic attachments should be sent as one document to
or delivered as a hard copy to Country Office.
The subject must be the name of the position applied for and the location preferred strictly.
Only complete applications will be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The proposed date for interviews will be between 29th June- 6th July, 2020