Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
Summary: The Sub-Grants Manager will oversee the effective grant management and compliance processes for the Family Planning Activity. He/she will work with project teams to establish and manage the grants system, policies and procedures for the project and ensure adherence to Pathfinder and donor requirements. The position holder will collaborate closely with other technical program and finance staff to ensure significant technical and financial grants programming.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the subgrants port-folio of the project
- Help develop and implement a project subgrants management system and advise project
- and partner staff on sub grant management and record keeping, systems, and policies
- Design subgrant mechanisms, including project subgrants manual and related forms, in a way that promotes capacity strengthening of grantees around financial management and compliance;
- Develop and implement a sub-recipient monitoring plan for all subgrantees, including routine and targeted sub-grantee financial site visits;
- Provide information, advice and technical assistance to subgrantees on project related compliance issues such as financial reporting requirements, audit reports, procurement, and grant monitoring;
- Monitor subgrantee budgets and expenses to maintain accurate financial records and ensure that subgrantees do not exceed the available budget;
- Manage disbursements to subgrantees and monitor financial performance and progress toward objectives
- Ensure compliance with USAID and organizational requirements on grant making;
- Oversee in the appraisal and evaluation of subgrant proposals selection of grant recipients, in collaboration with the Director Finance and Operations;
- Review and audit subgrantees’ reports, budgets and proposals to ensure compliance with grant terms and USAID regulations; and
- Work with the finance team to resolve any financial issues that arise..
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Demonstrated knowledge of granting procedures, from grant start-up, award management, to close out.
- Demonstrated experience in organizational or individual capacity building and/or training.
- Expertise in the financial, regulatory, and contracting aspects of USAID;
- Skills and experience in the appraisal and evaluation of proposals and monitoring of grants;
- Experience in capacity building of sub grantee organizations and in financial and forensic audits of donor-funded projects and programs. S/he shall possess management and communication skills;
- Demonstrated experience in auditing and accounting, grants and fund management;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets;
- Experience in building and effectively supervising a diverse team of employees
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook. Advanced knowledge of functional area specific software.
- Project Management Planning and Management: Ability to plan and manage cross-functional initiatives.
- Analysis and Sound Judgement: Foundational analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Languages: Proven ability to write and speak using local language and English language
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff and clients.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services, including program strategies and indicators. Foundational knowledge of assigned business unit’s function and deliverables supporting sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Demonstrated commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. Proven customer service skills.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related matters.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Master’s Degree or higher in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other relevant field;
- At least eight (8) years’ experience in grants management and/or programming.
- At least five (5) years’ experience working on USG-funded projects and reporting, and/or public health programs.
Pathfinder International is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Pathfinder International does not charge candidates Recruitment or Application fees for any position, to which they may apply globally.