The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) seeks to hire a suitable candidate for the position of Training Coordinator for the G11 Research Administration Grant. This is a Kampala based position and reporting to the Grants Specialist/Principal Investigator for the G11 Research Administration Grant.
Overall purpose of the Job:
To coordinate the day to day activities of the G11 Research Administration project
Duties and Responsibilities
Logistical Planning for the project – secure meeting rooms to accommodate workshops, coordinate training activities, ensure availability of facilitators and document project activities.
• Create a database of Research Administrators from National Institutes of Health
grant recipient organizations
• Lead the training needs assessment and compilation of training needs
• Publicize the activities of the Research Administration Support Centre and ensure
that training events are well attended
• Schedule and Coordinate lunch time seminars
• Schedule and coordinate placements for Junior Research Administrators
• Maintain the project webpage/social media platform and ensure that all queries are
• Collect and analyse participant reviews and in-person feedback for each lunch time
• Participate in the delivery of training sessions and report writing
• Create a database of all IDRC Grants, Finance and Administration policies and
standard operating procedures
• Participate in the review, and update of Standard Operating Procedures as well as
development of new standard operating procedures
• Participate in weekly project implementation meetings
Job qualifications and other desirables
• Bachelors’ degree in a Finance discipline- B.Com, BBA, Finance OR its equivalent
from a well-recognized University.
• 2 years’ work experience in a similar role. Grants Management experience will be an
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple activities
• Experience with Microsoft applications and other basic computer programs
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team atmosphere
• Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
How to apply: Applications should be delivered to:
The Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC),
Plot 2C, Nakasero Hill Road next to Uganda Blood Bank.
P. O Box 7475 Kampala, Uganda.
This advert can also be found on www.idrc- uganda.org.
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT COMMENTS:
1. All applications must be delivered on or before 5:00pm, Wednesday 25th March 2020
2. All applications must be accompanied by the following at the time of submission: Current CV, typed application letter, the contact details of three work related referees not relatives or friends and copies of academic certificates.
3. Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
4. Applications cannot be amended following submission.
5. PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED