The project activities vary from constructing and repairing houses as well as clean water sources for deprived local people. The buildings are made using traditional methods and locally sourced materials. You can learn traditional building techniques from local builders, but also initiate new appropriate and environmental friendly building skills. For the minimum time of 2 weeks, we are looking for a Probono Consultant for Construction and Renovation Project (m/f).
Type: Knowledge Transfer (Probono)
Project Category: Construction; Capacity building; Renewable technology
Location: Fort Portal, Uganda
Max. No. of Volunteers 20
• Managing, overseeing, leading and planning of all construction activities including those of sub teams.
• Coordinating all work with the local team
• Provide technical advice and skills to the construction project team.
• You will be directly involved with the construction work on site and to ensure building is delivered on time and within the pre-determined budget.
• Assisting in the preparation of the construction project proposals and Grant writing for Construction Projects funding.
• Digging foundations, mixing cement, building walls, constructing a roof either with grass or iron sheets/tiles, plastering, painting and white-washing, landscaping, digging of trenches, refurbishing sports fields, brick laying, and construction of local huts.
• Volunteer with 4 to 5 years of experience in the construction field are
• Participants should bring both enthusiasm and humility to their projects, work creative and independent, bring ideas to the table, inspire and motivate others, be respectful to organization leadership and work collaboratively in teams.
• Should have compassion, patience and a dedication to improve lives of
• Passionate about international development
• Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and
• Work well independently as well as part of a team
• Thrive in a slow-paced and fun environment
SERVICES AND COSTS
We offer you the possibility to engage yourself in a culturally and professionally challenging environment, besides giving something back to the world; you get an excellent opportunity to further develop your personality. We will prepare you for your new assignment; guide you before and during your volunteering experience and following up on your achievements once you get home. In short: We will make sure that all you need for a successful mission is provided to you! To not burden our project partner’s budget, we kindly ask of you to contribute to the costs related to your voluntary service, which means 812 Euro for the first week and 157 Euro/week for the following weeks. These costs include inter alia accommodation, food, placement fee, tax, internet access, transportation from/to project once you are in the country, etc. We will provide you a full cost breakdown together with your detailed project description.
Do you feel that this perfectly fits you? In that case we welcome your resume and motivation letter, preferably in English, at www.amaidi.org. Please mention the assignment title and its reference number VJD50. We will of course ensure complete confidentiality and discretion while processing your inquiry.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR APPLICATION!