Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Conservation Biology; or Wildlife Management; or Environmental Science; or Zoology from a recognized University/ Institution.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Senior Wildlife Officer for performing the following duties:-
– Assisting in reviewing applications for wildlife use rights and providing timely advice to the Senior Wildlife Officer on the suitability of such applications;
– Preparing wildlife export permits;
– Ensuring timely entry and updating of wildlife trade and licensing database;
– Assisting in analyzing and compiling draft wildlife trade and export reports;
– Participating in inspection of wildlife use right licenses and preparing timely reports;
– Organizing capacity building activities of wildlife use right licenses;
– Collecting and organizing wildlife data;
– Assisting in organizing annual wildlife use rights licensee meetings and dialogue;
– Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.