Ministry/Department- Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development
Post- ASSISTANT ENGINEERING OFFICER – ELECTRICAL [RURAL ELECTRIFICATION IMPLEMENTATION DIVISION]
Applicants should be Ugandans and duly appointed staff of Rural Electrification Agency holding a Higher or Ordinary Diploma in Electrical; or Electronics Engineering from a recognized University /Institution.
Applicants should have a minimum of two (2) years relevant working experience or equivalent level of relevant experience at the Rural Electrification Agency or from a reputable organization.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Energy Officer for performing the following duties:-
– Collecting data and updating database of boundary meters;
– Undertaking periodic auditing of boundary Energy meters in the electricity distribution network;
– Participating in the commissioning of boundary energy meters and associated equipment on the electricity distribution network;
– Supporting the service providers to meet installation standards of commercial and domestic meters;
– Preparing functional performance reports of meters and activity reports;
– Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- i)Visit the website https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
- ii)Click on “register as a new user” to create your account and complete your profile starting with the Bio data moving downwards
iii) If you already have an account, simply click on your right and update your profile
- iv)Click a Job from the list of advertised jobs in the menu.
- v)View the Job Details and Click “Apply now”
- vi)Review your application and SUBMIT.
- Applicants are allowed to apply for only two posts
- Please Note: –
- a)Only applications submitted on-lineshall be considered.
- b)Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
- c)Shortlisted candidates shall be required to bring along with them their original certificates of “O” and “A” level, Degree and Post Graduate (where applicable), Transcripts and Certificates as well as letters of employment plus National Identity Cards during the Oral Interviews.
- d)In case of any inquiry, contact No. 0414254271 or0414342279 or e-mail email@example.com
Applicants should have the following Core Competencies:
– Public Sector Management, Results Orientation, Ethics and Integrity, Interpersonal, Communication and Computer Skills, Ability to Adapt to Multi Cultural Settings, Innovation, Concern for Quality, Standards and Technical Competence, Ability to Coach Subordinates and Report Writing Skills.
– Strategic Thinking, Negotiation Skills, Team Building, Conflict Management, Policy Development, Change Management, Research and Project Management Skills.