Ministry/Department- Ministry of East African Community Affairs
Post- REGIONAL INTEGRATION OFFICER
Reference- HRM 147/286/01
Minimum Age- 21
Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies; or Social Sciences; or Law; or International Relations; from a recognized University / Institution.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Senior Regional Integration Officer for performing the following duties:-
– Following up on East African Community (EAC) National, Regional and Integration Foreign Affairs issues;
– Taking minutes of the East African Community (EAC) Sectoral Council on Foreign Policy Coordination;
– Drafting East African Community (EAC) decisions to be communicated to relevant Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs);
– Reviewing and analyzing technical documents and making necessary recommendations to the East African Community (EAC);
– Deputizing the Protocol Officer of the Ministry in National, Regional and International meetings;
– Coordinating travel abroad including securing necessary documents;
– Acting as Rapporteur during the meetings of the East African Community (EAC) Partner States held in Uganda;
– Carrying out research on topical foreign policy issues;
– Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.