Number of Openings: Six (06)
Reports to: Administration Officer
Department: Finance & Support Services
The driver will drive airline motor vehicles to transport equipment, passengers, staff, and cargo. This role requires individuals with a safe driving record and can comply with all National driving laws, rules, and regulations. A driver will be expected to follow prearranged routes to destinations, or use maps and GPS to navigate routes while on company business. They will also be required to maintain vehicle upkeep and cleanliness at all times.
- Drive airline staff and authorized passengers to various destinations as and when instructed.
- Deliver and collect documents and goods as assigned.
- Ensure that the vehicle is well maintained and kept in serviceable and sound condition.
- Promptly report all faults detected on the vehicle to the supervisor.
- Comply with national safety regulations and standards while driving.
- Accurately follow routes, maps, and directions.
- Assist in Loading and unloading baggage and cargo on vehicles.
- Act as guides while transporting airline passengers and visitors.
- Maintain cleanliness of the vehicle at all times.
- Ensure the safety of the vehicle and adhere to all traffic, safety, and other relevant laws and regulations.
- Keep track of timely car insurance renewals.
- Update monthly mileage records and ensure the vehicle is serviced accordingly.
- Completing documentation such as logs, mileage, or cargo and passenger reports.
- Perform any other duties as and when directed by the supervisors.
- Be a team player and flexible
Minimum Qualification and Experience:
- Valid Vehicle driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must have Class B,B1, D1,D
- Minimum A-Level Certificate or equivalent.
- Certificate in defensive driving.
- Continuous working experience of at least 3 years as a driver in a busy and reputable organization.
- Experience driving the Electric bus is an added advantage
- Basic mechanical skills
- Demonstrated good timekeeping.
- English proficiency(Speaking and Writing)
- A clean record with Interpol(valid Interpol certificate)