UNBS STAFF SACCO
Deadline of this Job: 05 August 2022
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Maintain safe custody of cash, keep accurate records of the SACCO’s financial transactions, prepare and monitor budgets, and file tax and social security returns in a manner that will continuously improve effectiveness and efficiency, customer relationship and promote adherence to the SACCO policies, procedures, and core values, and support to achieve the SACCO’s Mission and Vision.
• Prepare accurate and timely accounting records, financial statements, and special reports in accordance with the SACCO’s accounting policies and procedures and management’s instructions.
• Confirm validity of and process cash disbursement requisitions, including requisitions for loan disbursements.
• Organize, file, and archive SACCO documents in an orderly manner to facilitate easy access.
• Receive SACCO cash and ensure its safe custody in line with the SACCO’s cash handling procedures.
• Ensure timely reconciliation of suspense accounts, income accounts, bank accounts and any disparities in financial records in order to avoid fraud and/or loss to the SACCO and ensure that they are promptly resolved.
• Ensure compliance with tax and social security laws by preparing applicable returns and payments as required by the law.
• Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, accounts receivable and financial commitments, and advise management on the optimum level of cash/liquidity that is necessary to meet the SACCO’s short and medium term financial obligations.
• Prepare budgets and budget variance reports in accordance with the SACCO’s budgeting and reporting procedures.
• Maintenance of SACCO books of accounts with proper reconciliation reports, updating member status and issuing receipts to SACCO members
• Secure financial information by completing regular data back-ups.
• Perform any other function consistent with the Statute, Regulations, written policies, Bylaws and those assigned by the Board or SACCO Manager.4.0 Academic Qualifications
• Holder of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance, Bachelors of Commerce (Accounting), Bachelors of Business Administration (Accounting), or any other business related course with a bias in Accounting from a reputable university.
• Must have completed at least Level 2 of CPA/ACCA
Mandatory Skills and Experience
• Must possess at least Three (03) years of practical experience as an accountant from a reputable Institution
• MUST be aged 40 years and below
• High degree of integrity and confidentiality
• A good communicator with excellent oral and written reporting abilities
• Solid understanding of statutory regulations
• Knowledge of computer applications and loans software such as loan performer
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be customer service-oriented with exceptional sales skills
Other Relevant Skills
• Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
• Excellent planning and time management skills.
• Persuasion and negotiation skills.
• Strong analytical skills
• Proven team building skills.
• Demonstrate ability to train and share knowledge and skills.
• Demonstrate ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
Please submit an electronic application to firstname.lastname@example.org , with a copy to the General Secretary email@example.com by 5th August, 2022. The application must contain a cover letter, an updated CV with the contacts of three referees and copies of your certified academic documents and must be submitted in one file not exceeding 5mbs.