Reports to: Accountant.
Job Summary: The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for reviewing the accountability submitted by the project staff and volunteers at the District and sub-county levels. They will also make timely and accurate processing of payments through banks or by mobile money to the project staff and community volunteers like Para-social workers and facilitators
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Verifying the accuracy and authenticity of accountabilities, accuracy of calculations and other support documentations, approvals and support in the payment processing. They are to sign for the accountabilities received since they are as valuable as
- In Liaison with the Data Offers and the M&E manager will ensure that amount paid to the recipient match with targets and quality services paid for in line with the
- Analyze transactional processes and identify areas where additional accuracies and efficiencies can be achieved
- Make District Financial reports in line with the program and analyzed
- Support in the preparation of periodical reports at MDMS headquarters
- Performing periodic asset verifications, cash counts and stock counts at MDMS and/or field offices
- Responding to enquiries and checks accounting transactions to locate and resolve discrepancies.
- Preparing variance and other financial analyses of project accounts, as requested by the Senior Accountant.
- Assisting the Accounts section with relevant information to enable preparation of informed project budgets
- Identifying weak internal controls that require improvement and suggests appropriate policy and procedure modifications for improved basing on field
- Ensuring that all documents are archived and maintained in a safe and secure manner for the time
- Assisting the Accountant obtain support documents, prepare analyses of project accounts for MDMS’s mainstream and projects specific
- A minimum of Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting option) or Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) (Finance/ Accounting), from a reputable Institution/University
- One year work experience in finance
Submission of application:
Hand deliver your application letter together with relevant academic documents, photocopy of national ID, an updated CV indicating 3 recognized referees, their addresses and functioning telephone contacts. The deadline for the submission of the application is 6th November 2021
The Applications should be addressed to:
The Diocesan Health Coordinator Masaka Diocese
P.O. Box 14 Masaka-Uganda
Tel: +256 786 814912
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES SHALL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS