Epicentre is an organization created by Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in 1986. We conduct field epidemiology, training, and research activities for MSF interventions. Our activities for populations in precarious situations are led from Uganda, Niger, and France, and through the programs of MSF and others. They mainly concern infectious diseases and undernutrition. The Uganda research centre is in the heart of Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST) and Mbarara Regional Referral Hospital (MRRH), Epicentre has been conducting clinical research work for more than 20 years.
Administration and Human Resources Manager
Location: Epicentre Mbarara Research Centre in (EMRC), Mbarara, Uganda.
Start of the Contract: December 2020.
Report to: Resources Manager.
Contract Duration: 12 months (renewable). .
Administrative and HR Manager main responsibilities;
• HR administrative management for the national staff while implementing and respecting Epicentre rules and HR procedures.
• Facilitate the recruitment process (Job announcement, interviews schedule, participate in interviews, explaining EPICENTRE and staff benefits, the appropriate response for the candidates (e.g phone call or letter) and preparing employment contract.
• Follow up of all staff personal file’s update respecting Epicentre Internal Regulation, HR policies.
• Managing International Staff’s Personnel Files and related assistance (Flight, Medical, travel, Accommodation, Legal docs (work permit, registration etc.)
• Book and follow up the flights’ tickets (arrivals, departures, changes) according to the information given by the Resources Manager.
• Ensures the quality and accuracy of the payroll, staff data in Homere and monthly reports.
• Preparing the monthly payments to NSSF and PAYE and follow-up with the finance department for regular payment
• Any other task assigned by the Resources Manager.
• Education: University Degree in Human Resource Management or any related course.
• Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in an International NGO, Experience with MSF is an added advantage
• Knowledge: High level of organizational and record keeping skills and
• Competencies: Excellent communication interpersonal skills.
• Languages: English is a must.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply on the below link, (updated resume and application letter) to:Resources Manager, MSF/Epicentre Mbarara Research Base. On the following like: https://smrtr.io/4yDdL
Applications must be submitted online before 30 November 2020, no hard copies will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.