ADVERT FOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Project: TOGETHER Project
Job Summary: Do all secretarial work for administration and ensure efficient, effective and secure management of ADRA Uganda storage facilities and services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Do all secretarial and typing work for the organization as you shall be assigned by your immediate supervisor and / or higher authorities
- Carry out photocopying, binding and filing of official organizational documents as you shall be assigned by your immediate supervisor and / or higher authorities.
- Co-ordinate incoming and outgoing communication including telephone calls, post office mails parcels etc., and direct them to the right offices in a timely manner.
- Work with the security officer to receive, direct and advise visitors to the right offices at the right time
- Ensure that the reception area and front office is clean and well organized and presentable at all times.
- Keep records and develop schedules of official messages and appointments for all officers.
- Draw and co-ordinate the schedules for daily devotions in collaboration.
- Maintain the notice board showing the itineraries of different officers and advise visitors and workers accordingly.
- Be in charge of ADRA Uganda Warehousing / storage facilities.
- Arrange all stock and inventories in their right bins.
- Maintain and make regular updates on all stores records and documentation including; Purchase requisition, Bin cards, Stores material control records and Delivery notes.
- Advise the Logistics / Procurement officers about balances and re-order levels of stocks and inventories.
- Prepare release orders and present them to the authorized officer for approval.
- Internal maintenance and control of supplies of inventories.
- Prepare monthly stores reports.
- Perform any other duties that are incidental thereto and as may be assigned by ADRA Uganda.
- In liaison with the Project Manager ensure that TOGETHER Project obtains quality Goods, Assets and Services at competitive prices, in a timely manner within the budget
- Maintain and update a list of approved suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future engagement
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of a Degree in Business Administration or any other related qualification. Diploma Holders with substantial experience will be considered
- Minimum of three years’ experience in Administrative Assistant or related positions
- Understanding & demonstrated experience working with NGO is an added advantage.
- Able to work under minimum supervision & with strict deadlines.
- A decent & self-driven person.
- A person with a proven track record & unquestionable integrity
- A fast learner, mentor, problem solver, team player with a strong character who can think creatively & critically
- Proven experience of using MS Office applications (Word and Excel) and Sun plus system.
- Post training related to NGO and humanitarian work will be added advantage
- Treats all individuals with respect
- He/she must be keen on details and well-organized individual.
All qualified and interested candidates, should submit their applications online not later than 30th August 2022.
Only qualified candidates will be notified for interviews.