About Equatorial Power
Equatorial Power (EP) is an energy company that brings together a consolidated team with a strong track record in renewable energy and access to productive energy projects in Africa. EP operates in Uganda, Rwanda, and DRC and is headquartered in Kampala, with a presence in Kigali and Goma.
EP is a developer–investor, as well as an EPC contractor. Its areas of focus include: Off-grid holistic rural electrification via mini-grids; Grid-connected renewable energy projects; and Captive (C&I) power projects for agribusiness and industrial growth.
We are pioneering “mini-grids 2.0” and working to validate a productive mini-grid asset class. With in-house project development, construction and operational capacity, we aim to leverage our local and international strategic corporate partnerships to scale-up our holistic, distributed utility model and accelerate rural service delivery across many more countries.
EP is looking for an Administrative Assistant to manage daily office operations by performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
Administration department is the backbone of an organization. An effective administrative assistant is an asset to an organization. He or she is the link between an organization’s various departments and ensures the smooth flow of information from one part to the other to run professionally and smoothly.
Responsibilities (How are they delivering their role):
- Leading on office services – maintenance, lunch, water, internet, groceries etc.
- Set up and manage standard EP comms channels – phone and email
- Arranging transport as required. Identifying opportunities for savings and benefits during international travel
- Ensuring office equipment/furnishing/layout align with needs and EP Culture
- Support to all departments
Tasks (What are they doing day to day in general):
- Managing daily office operations
- Managing front office including visitors, general enquiries to EP
- Providing logistics support – both domestic and international travel arrangements
- Overseeing the maintenance of all office equipment and liaising with external agencies monitoring the status and proper use of office furniture, equipment and stationery
- Maintaining appropriate and effective filing system of office records including employee files, office supplies inventory (Asset register ,Inventory etc) while adhering to EP confidentiality policies
- Managing health insurance for the team
- Provide support to CEO and other managers
- Provide support to the Legal team i.e legal compliance e.g application of work permits, special passes and any legal paperwork pertaining to the expatriates, Interpol letters, Trading License, Tax Clearance Certificate for the company.
- Providing support to the HR department , managing employee files, track leave days
- Providing support to the support staff i.e office cleanliness, organization and orderliness, lunch.
- Ensures visitors and staff adhere to Covid-19 SOPs
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in secretarial studies, administration, or any related field
- At least 2-year professional experience in a comparable position would be an asset
- Good computer knowledge and skills including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: CEO
Duty station: Headquarters in Kampala.