Job Title: Agronomist Volunteer
Duty Station: Amuru District
Reports to: Project Coordinator
- SABC recruitment : Latest Jobs & Online Application
- Driving Vacancies & recruitment ( March 2024) : Open Jobs/ Application
- DHL recruitment : Open Jobs/Vacancies
- Eskom Recruitment : Open Jobs/Vacancies
- NEPAD Recruitment : 17 Open Jobs/Online application
- Old Mutual Recruitment : Open Jobs/Online application
- NGO Vacancies & recruitment : Open Jobs/ Application
Adventist Development Relief Agency (ADRA) is a global Humanitarian Arm the Seventh-day Adventist Church- with a purpose of serving humanity so all may live as God intended.
Our work touches millions of lives in more than 120 countries around the world. Our on-the-ground approach allows immediate assistance in times of crisis and true partnership with the communities we serve.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
⦁ Coordinate mobilization of the project communities including the selection of project trainers and project beneficiaries in a transparent and inclusive manner.
⦁ To explain and negotiate with project trainers and project beneficiaries their contribution to the project and then mobilize, coordinate, monitor and evaluate their contributions.
⦁ Facilitate and supports the establishment and production of agricultural products
⦁ Supervise usage and maintenance of the equipment and tools for ADRA
⦁ Prepare and conduct training programs for trainers (TOT) on garden production (land preparation, planting, growing, processing and preserving) and animal production
⦁ Supervise and supports the distribution of the farming material, tools and other items to the project trainers and beneficiaries
⦁ Support trainers in conducting trainings in the communities
⦁ Conduct regular monitoring of project activities and inputting the data into a relevant database.
⦁ Provide mentoring to the project trainers and beneficiaries about the establishment and production in the community gardens
⦁ Facilitate, supervise and support TOT is recording, documentation of lessons learnt and best practices by regular review and monitoring
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, or any related field
- Relevant Professional experience of not less than 2years
- Good interpersonal skills and unquestionable integrity.
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from the religious leader of your local congregation.
- Ability to speak the local language
ADRA core competencies:
To serve humanity so all may live as God intended
ADRA Core Values
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the ADRA PASAGE project in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 25th January 2023