RwandAir Ltd is the flag carrier airline of Rwanda. It operates domestic and international services to East Africa, Central Africa, West Africa, Southern Africa, Europe and the Middle East from its main base at Kigali International Airport. Our mission is to provide unsurpassed, safe, and reliable services in air transportation, including strategically linking Rwanda with the outside world while ensuring a fair return on investment. As part of the expansion strategy, we are looking for interested, qualified, and competent candidates to fill the following positions:
- Job Title: Airport Services Agent
- Department: Ground Services
- Duty Station: Nairobi & Kampala Stations
Assist in overseeing day-to-day smooth and safe operations of flights
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan tasks and assign them to the ground handling staff and ensure efficient, smooth operations
- Assist in monitoring operations/activities handled by staff/handling agents to enhance efficient service delivery and maintain schedule integrity
- Liaise with other service providers to ensure safe operations and on-time departure
- Prepare pre/post flight departure reports for records maintenance and performance analysis
- Brief/Debrief flight crew and handling agents to establish smooth flight operations
- Contribute to the definition and development of RwandAir products portfolio, particularly Airport services
- Ensure all flights are handled in accordance with company standards and the country’s laws for smooth and safe operations
- Ensure cost-effective service delivery within the agreed scope and standards.
- To ensure that staff levels and shift patterns are optimized.
- To ensure a safe and secure environment in compliance with relevant legislative /industry requirements.
- To ensure suitability, trained/qualified/competent staff are placed through the working areas.
- Routine monitoring of safety and quality critical activities within areas of operations.
- Place catering orders based on booked loads to meet passenger needs/expectations
Desired Profile: Required education, Experience, and Abilities
You may also like :
- United Nations recruitment 2023/2024 Online application form
- IOM Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
- Coca-Cola Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Relevant IATA/AMADEUS World Tracer qualification
- Certificate in relevant computer applications
- Experienced delivering service in a demanding consumer service environment
- Customer service experience hospitality/airline industry
- Knowledge of airport services and baggage enquiry operations.
- Commercial acumen with an overall knowledge of airline operations.
- An excellent command of the English language (written and verbal) is essential.
- Process oriented
- Knowledge of IATA recommendations to airlines/travel agencies for selling in the market.
- Fluency in English and knowledge of French is an added advantage
How to apply:
- An application letter addressed to Director, Human Resources;
- Recent Curriculum Vitae;
- Copies of academic papers;
- Relevant certificates;
- A photocopy of the national identity card/passport;
- Three referees
The deadline for submitting your applications is on September 24, 2023. Please send your application (In one File – PDF Format) to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.