Manage and ensure a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely airport operation so that Emirates’ image, reputation and customer service levels are maintained and enhanced to the highest standards. Ensure that appropriate action is taken for providing prompt service to Emirates customers to maintain, and where required, to restore the goodwill and confidence of customers facing various adverse situations (flight disruptions, denied boarding, etc). Ensure that Service Level Agreements, OTPs and EKAS KPIS are achieved in line with the company standards.
Job Accountabilities and Objectives
- Implement and periodically review strategy to ensure that EK airport staff fulfils all procedures, standards and instructions as laid down by Airport Services Procedures.
- Achieve the Ground Handling performance targets set by Airport Services such as flight punctuality, check-in standards and baggage delivery times, so that EK remains competitive. This will be achieved through regular liaison with the management of Handling Agents and other service suppliers in order to identify problem areas and find solutions to them.
- Ensure that adequate measures are implemented and maintained in order to protect the safety and security of the whole operation including aircraft, passengers, cargo, baggage and all staff. Monitor all aspects of the operation in order to achieve and maintain acceptable customer service standards.
- Lead, guide and develop staff in order to ensure the maintenance of a disciplined, motivated work force, and adherence to customer service and other operation standards.
- Perform all administrative duties in an accurate and timely manner, e.g. Monthly Reports, Performance Appraisals, Baggage Claim settlements, invoice verification, general correspondence, and complaint investigation and highlight areas of potential problems, reoccurring discrepancies, service failures and provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Prepare and constantly review local procedures or Diversion/Delay Handling/Disruptions and Emergency Procedures for the reference of both EK staff and those of the Handling Agent.
- Check on an ongoing basis the competency of both EK and Handling Agent staff in all areas, particularly Load Control where licence’s are required.
- Represent EK at appropriate official forums, i.e. AOC meetings, AOC sub-committees, and Working Group meetings, and liaise with government organizations, i.e. Customs, Immigration, DETR (Department of Economic Transport Review).
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with internal/external departments, Airport authorities, GHAs and other service providers and exercise personal influence to achieve the required end results for Emirates.
- Accountable for annual budgeting of revenue, expenses and capital expenditure. Within these parameters, provide a cost efficient service that best represents value for money. Create dynamic measurement and reporting systems, for purposes of providing periodic reports on the operations. Review overall performance of all areas in terms of costs, revenue, productivity, quality, safety and security. Regularly analyze results with a view to pro-actively attend to emerging issues.
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated up to degree level or equivalent.
- Qualified to an advanced level in Passenger Services, Ground Operations, Baggage Claims, Reservations & Ticketing, and Weight and Balance.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Airport Passenger handling/Operations, of which minimum of five years should be at a managerial level.
- Should be conversant with Flight Planning and the pertinent aspects of Meteorology.
- Must be able to operate and/or be familiar with various computerised systems, e.g. for Reservations, Baggage Tracing, and various software packages used by the Company such as Word, Excel, etc.
- Must be able to work under pressure in an environment which requires a very high degree of initiative.
- Must be fluent in both Spanish and English.
- The job holder is responsible for adhering to the relevant health and safety requirements and safe working practices applicable to their employment.
- The jobholder is a senior member of the (Country) management team, and as such, must be flexible in respect of his/her work, timings (24hour call-out responsibility) and functions. The jobholder must be prepared to work long and extended hours where necessary in times of disruption. Administratively the jobholder reports to Country Manager and functionally to Airport Services Department in Head Office.
- Jobholder should have the right to [live and work in Uganda